Learning what you need to eat each day!

Options
This subject is a very important one because if we don't know "ourselves" we can be tempted by advertisements. I've been in sales since I was 19 years old and I really understand how the eyes and other senses are baited. As a minister I understand the spiritual baiting of our adversary as well.

Soooo how do we learn what we need naturally and spiritually? First since each person is so unique yet has the same basic needs educating ourselves is of the utmost importance. Knowing what I do naturally and spiritually to walk this gentle walk out daily we all need the LORD's help. He's given us His Holy Spirit to lead us, guide us, warn us and encourage us all along the way.

Many may be hungry because of emotional trauma, nervousness, or other reasons so it's important to know why we feel a sensation of hunger. What we really may need to eat is the bread of life from God's word. Jesus said seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. In the previous verses he was talking about what we eat and what we wear so first things first. Seek the realm of the spirit where God lives and His way of living.

Also where we live, what we have access to determines alot what we are able to eat foodwise. Our belief about food and how it affects us really does affect us even physically. So if you think something will make you sick, or you are allergic to it your body will most likely reject it. For as a man thinketh in his heart so is he. Again this is a gentle walk with God we are on. Though some foods are better for someone and some foods are better for another I NEVER entertain in my mind "I shouldn't" eat something. I just choose to eat what I eat and believe it will bless me but I don't play games with myself and say I will eat anything I feel like eating and all will be well. I don't tempt God with my eating and don't condemn myself with my eating. I asked for His help in understanding the body and that it is a wonderful machine. I understand we live in a fallen world and God will keep me in perfect peace till I'm done with my work for Him.

I went to India one year to minister to those living in the poorest parts of the Nation. We were all warned before we went "if" you are afraid of the food, the disease, of the spiritual beliefs in that nation then don't go. I went with such supernatural faith because I knew God was sending me and Never was ill, afraid, and ate what the Holy Spirit led me to eat.

The same needs to be done where we live. Listen each day to the voice of God and He will lead you to what your body needs and what you need to educate yourself with. Before I began myfitnesspal I had years of knowledge and experience with eating very well but where I let things go was all my travelling and not planning ahead for each time I went away AND because of sitting alot I hadn't added exercise to my lifestyle. Trust me when you travel you have to be creative with exercise.

I had spent alot of time with a health nutritionist and learned what my body needed to maintain my blood sugar so I wasn't tempted to grab just anything. During that time I was only eating more of a vegan lifestyle and the Lord said, "with what I've called you to do, you won't be able to do that and maintain it as you travel." I learned that I needed to incorporate protein in meat and learn which meats would add to my strength, what would some good snacks be and what were the fruits and veggies that would best work with each meal and I have learned.

When I was led supernaturally to even know about myfitnesspal, I found that this was a great way for me to track my new eating, and exercising all day and learn from each meal combination so as to fully fuel my body at its best. It has been a new learning curve for sure and yet a very special spiritual time with the Lord as He has so sweetly led me.

I learned this time that exercising first thing in the morning was best for me so I wouldn't let important ministry appointments push taking care of me to the side.

With a living relationship moment by moment with the Lord, and so much information available as He leads the way the only way to run this new course was with VICTORY!

I encourage all of my pals to learn the WAY of God bringing you to the greatest health spirit, soul, and body. Again though many things can be similar we still have our uniqueness in our ages, lifestyles, food available, understandings and if we are male or female.
We were created to be blessed and be a blessing as we walk with God all along the way,
All the best to my pals,
Lisa

Replies

• gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed hearing your testimony Lisa. I am so thankful that the Lord does lead & guide each of us to what is best for us if we will only follow. Thanks for being such an inspiration.
  • DRB2013
    DRB2013 Posts: 9
    Options
    This really is an awesome post. Thanks for sharing