really wanting to get a new bike...

Options
LordBear
LordBear Posts: 239 Member
well im to the point now where i can sit an exercise bike .. and im chomping at the bit to get a bike.. but for a bike to fit my weight and options i want.... $900.. outch and that is for a 2012 raleigh talus mountain bike.. it is one of those bikes with the 29 inch wheels. havnt ridden a bike in wow... 10 years or so.. i know of a couple of bikes..but none that i think i can try or have the correct seat... hoping i win this contest im in so i can get one..but not sure yet. and if i have to take a loan..that is really going to hurt being on ssd. but sick of weights and other things i am doing...want to get out and go..lol.. dont know just thought i would share my frustration.. not seeing to many bikes i like or that will work. and they got all this fancy stuff now and suspension and crap... so hard just to find a simple straight bike..lol.. oh..also found a khs i think it was that i didnt mind the looks of..

Replies

• Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Craigslist. Seeing you're close to Portland (looked at your profile) you can get a decent bike for a lot less than $900 if you do a little shopping. It's not about the looks, it's how it fits and runs. You can always replace the seat too, sometimes it takes a few to find the right one for your anatomy.

With a little persistence and luck you can get a fairly good bike off of Craigslist. Good luck!
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    As Spatialized said, watch your CL, I am down in Salem, I watch the PDX area daily and there is so much stuff available there, you should be able to find something. Check with local shops to see what bike size you need in inches/centimeters or size Med/Large etc...that way you have a good idea what your looking for....also most of the LBS will be closing out this year models as the 13 stuff will be available soon....its also almost winter and rain is around the corner so some of their sale will be dropping.

EDIT...since your in Rainier, there is a Cyclocross race at the high school this sunday,, if you have never been to one, go check it out, should be a fun time...rain or shine