Lice!

Options
cmaxmor
cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
Theboys were sent home with head lice on Friday. We thought we got them all, washed everything and they still had them this morning. I had to put mayo in my hair for 3 hours on Saturday and mentally just can'tdo it again. Anything to recommend?

Replies

• jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    There's lice shampoo you can buy at the pharmacy, but I'm not sure about using it while pregnant. I'd call the pharmacy and/or your doctor, they'll be able to suggest something. Good luck!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    There's lice shampoo you can buy at the pharmacy, but I'm not sure about using it while pregnant. I'd call the pharmacy and/or your doctor, they'll be able to suggest something. Good luck!

This.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think the stuff is called Nix, but i would have your hubby apply it since you are pregnant
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    I can't use rid or nix. I just used something called licemd, so I hope it works.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I know this is drastic but those things live forever it seems like. There was an outbreak at my sons school a few years ago and I freaked out thankfully my son did not get it but to try to prevent it I pretty much shaved his head not entirely but I cut it really close to the scalp. A friend of mine recommended vinegar but that sounds really gross to me. I have been told it can take a few treatments to get rid of it completely I would just constantly comb their hair trying to get all the eggs.
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    We gave them short cuts today. My dear husband has been combing my hair for me. I'm bummed I got them, but at least it's from cuddling with the kids! I just want this to be over before the baybay gets here
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I had this happen last year when I was pregnant with my now 15 month old. Luckily it wasn't an outbreak on me, I just managed to get a couple of passengers from work (I work at a jail), but it happened twice in a week, so I had my husband trim my hair down to an inch. I've kept it that short ever since. I did use the lice treatment the second time, because the outbreak was so bad at work I didn't really have much choice. But then I bought shampoo that had tea tree oil in it and used it instead of my normal shampoo. Seemed to keep them at bay.