Where is Your Jazzercise Today!? :-D

Options
I'll start!

I just got in my new Jazzercise "Burlesque" DVD and today that is my workout! Really looking forward to seeing if my body can do those "vixen" moves....:wink:

Are you gong to class today????

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise of El Cerrito (El Cerrito, CA - San Francisco bay area).

I'll be taking 6:30 - regular and 7:35 - body sculpting. Thursdays are my favorites days because of my Jazzercise double AND great night for TV afterwards :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have to coach soccer today so won't make it to class....Maybe tomorrow.....I had no idea there are DVDs. Maybe I should get some for days I can't make it to class....."vixen" moves sound fun.
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I'll be taking 6:30 - regular and 7:35 - body sculpting. Thursdays are my favorites days because of my Jazzercise double AND great night for TV afterwards :)

EllyG08 is my workout partner. Ditto to what she said. Plus, my favorite instructor teaches on Thursday evenings! YAY!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

What are you watching tonight.....New episode of vampire diaries on tonight....
  • jlsoules
    jlsoules Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my Jazzercise in tonight, 6:30 p.m. Tecumseh, MI. Can't wait!!
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'll be at my Jazzercise center in Castle Rock, CO today. Thursday is double class for me, too - 4:30 Regular and 5:35 Body Sculpting.

We have only one Body Sculpting class each week. It is so strange because after 13 years of Jazzercise and I always hated Body Sculpting, I now enjoy it. Weird, but I'm glad I like it now.

I am doing only 4 classes/week right now. I travel a lot and have been SO determined to hit 200 classes this year that I was going to as many as 8 or 9/week for a while. Now that I have met my goal, I have cut back. I just added 30 Day Shred at home and I do a Fitness Bootcamp on Saturday mornings. That bootcamp class makes Jazzercise look like a breeze!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    So....I LOVED the Jazzercise Burlesque DVD!!!! :love: It was so fun I did it twice!! Wore my HRM and burned so many calories!

Yeah Jazzercise has plenty of DVD's for when you can't make it to class. I have Dancing Ab's, Jazzercise "Live", Jazzercise Cardio, Strength and Stretch, Pure Jazzercise and now Burlesque!

(you can get them from the website)

Sexy moves and yes @ jacwhite22, you could do them too! Or at least you'd have fun watching the pretty instructors!!

I haven't gone to any classes yet in my town, we just moved and I'm still trying to get acclimated.....but the DVD's are great to have for times like these!

Ahhhhh- I FEEL SO GOOD NOW!:smooched:
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

What are you watching tonight.....New episode of vampire diaries on tonight....

Scandal and my Real Housewives (of Miami). I'm somewhat of a reality tv junkie. The kids and I watch Glee, but the show's on hiatus until November and come back doing "Grease", can't wait.
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Uh hello The Office is on Thursdays! ...but not tonight of course because of the debate.

BUT I didn't make it to Jazzercise today. :( I had a professional development run late. Hopefully I can make it over tomorrow by 4:30!
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    None today for me! Teaching a double tomorrow, though....I teach at Jazzercise of Germantown, MD.
  • rockchalk03
    Options
    Went today to class in Lawrence, KS. I usually go about 5 times a week. I LOVE it and actually crave it!
  • RocheleLynn
    Options
    RockChalk-- That's the same class that I go to! :) I'm sure we've run into each other before!
  • McShanJazz
    Options
    Today, my workout was in Exeter, NH! I have had a VERY full week of Jazz. From Acton, MA to Hudson, NH, to Manchester, NH, to Exeter.... Who knows what will be next!? And just sayin- I have averaged approx 1 class/day for the past few weeks... And ever since using MFP-- I feel GREAT! I am not struggling/overly sore at all. I can just... feeeel my muscles developing and the pounds just melting away! :-D
  • clairecandoit11
    clairecandoit11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I didn't go last night (because I missed the bus that would get me there on time) and I can't go tonight because it is before I get off work, but I am definitely going tomorrow morning's 8:00am class!! I go in Cedar Rapids, IA :)
  • RocheleLynn
    Options
    O man! Today I was totally off at Jazzercise.. ever have one of those days? I think I just didn't drink enough water. My legs started cramping after the first song which threw me totally off beat the whole time. No classes tomorrow.. can't wait until Sunday!
    Has anyone in the group seen a lot of weight loss in Jazzercise? If so, did you supplement with anything else or just strictly Jazzericse?
  • Flowers4Julia
    Options
    O man! Today I was totally off at Jazzercise.. ever have one of those days? I think I just didn't drink enough water. My legs started cramping after the first song which threw me totally off beat the whole time. No classes tomorrow.. can't wait until Sunday!
    Has anyone in the group seen a lot of weight loss in Jazzercise? If so, did you supplement with anything else or just strictly Jazzericse?

Oh, I feel for you and yes had plenty of those days myself. Luckily about 90% of the class probably felt the same way, so take heart!

One thing I do to maintain my Jazzercisng weight loss is that I eat a Primal/paleo (clean, real food, low carb diet under 75 grams) AND I don't get into the "chronic cardio" rut. Meaning I go to Jazzercise and work at my target heart rate, not above it. If I work to hard it is then anaerobic and counter-productive! (burn fast glycogen and NOT stored fats)

As far as supplements, no, just a clean healthy diet with plenty of protein and dietary fats.
  • jlsoules
    Options
    No Jazzercise for me yesterday or today. Too many soccer/football games today and I don't get home soon enough on Fridays for class. I'll be there tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. Can't wait!!

I also wonder about doing just Jazzercise. It's the only workout I do currently and have wondered if I should be doing something else a couple days a week. The only time I don't go to class is when I've got a conflict with getting to class, which means the time I would be at class is spent at a board meeting or with the kids at a sporting event. I don't miss often just because I don't feel like it.
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    To those who wonder if they should be adding in another workout, here is what I think.

Well-roundedness is a good thing. I have been known to sign up for the occasional 5K, I swim now and then, and I have two little kids, so I expend a pretty good amount of energy on a daily basis. For the past 9 years, however, my only "workout regimen" has been Jazzercise.

I know I am on here to lose weight, and I do have weight to lose (more because of my age and certain events in my life that changed the way I was eating and the frequency of my Jazz classes), but if you were to see me in person, you would be convinced that Jazzercise is all you need. I have lots of muscle tone, so much so that I am asked now and then by students if I go to the gym and lift weights in addition to Jazzercise. Nope, this is all I do.

That being said, as an instructor I have had a lot of training in the correct execution of moves, and I routinely increase my hand weights for certain routines when I find it is not giving me the burn I desire. I throw in circuit classes now and again (anyone can request this if your center isn't offering them), and I also mix it up with the tube, the ball and with adding leg weights. You get out of it EXACTLY what you put into it. If you are concerned about whether or not you are making the most of your workout, talk to an instructor for some tips, and maybe set up a couple Personal Touch classes to go over correct positions and postures.

The whole variation and cross training factors are already built in to Jazz, because every class is different, and causes you to work your body in a different way. If you find that one instructor is repeating the same routines all the time, mix it up and go to different instructors, You will notice immediately that the variation causes you to work harder, and better.

So, that's my evangelism for the day. Any more questions?
  • Flowers4Julia
    Options
    Morning! I'm thinking I'm going to do both my Jazzercise BURLESQUE & DANCIN ABS DVD's today...I need a double!

:drinker: Cheers to these DVD's, I miss live classes, just not ready to go back yet....

Forgive me for sounding stupid in my last post! I thought RocheleLynn was asking about food/nutrition supplements...:blushing: LOL ~~~~~~> I'm a dummy! Once I read thr33martins response - I got it....

Have a great Jazzercise day everyone! :smooched:
  • jlsoules
    Options
    Thank you thr33martins! That was an answer I can relate to and understand and truly the answer I wanted to hear. I know people say to mix things up but I just can't. I cannot afford to join a gym on top of Jazzercise and I won't work out at home, it's just too hard with the kids around. Life at home does not allow it. If Jazzercise will give me what I want in the long run, then it's the only thing for me to do. I just needed someone's opinion or affirmation telling me it's okay! :smile:

Thanks again!:wink: