Sticking With It

Options
Just wondering if there are others out there who have trouble "sticking to it", I am just looking for those of you who would like to check in with each other for encouragement!

Replies

• Paulett44
    Paulett44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just joined this ap and am trying to figure it out! Yep! I am 68 and sometimes wonder if it is worth the effort! Have been a weight watcher for some time (several years, in fact, off and on!) but my daughter told me about this sight so thought I'd try it. I really need to be motivated! Sometimes I figure at my age who really cares? But I would like to be healthier. I know I will never look like I did even five years ago! This tummy fat is driving me insane!!
    I will be happy to encourage you in return for a little encouragement also! Good luck!
  • pamelamoore05
    pamelamoore05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just joined your group. I'm 62 and have struggled for the last 10 years with my weight. I need to lose 50 pounds. It is VERY HARD for me to stick with it, but with God's help and a lot of work on our part, we can reach our goals. Day two of no sugar. What's helped me the last two days hs been drinking lots of water. I usually only drink 2-4 cups, but have 12-14. I think some of my cravings have been for WATER! Long way to go, but going in the right direction. Hang in there!
  • rlst82009
    Options
    Thanks for your response and I'm sorry if I am slow getting back to you, I am new at this site too so didn';t see where the message was! I am 63 and at least 40 pounds overwieght and have tried every diet out there. I agree that sometimes it feels like it just isn't worth it but seriously, I think it is even more important at our age. I don;t about you but hips and knees ache and I hope that losing some weight will help that, don't think I will ever get rid of the stomach. LOL!

Drinking the water is key and I struggle with getting 8 glasses down but I know it works!

Hang in there, glad you checked in!