On Dr. Phil today

Options
I think the clever title is something like Fat Attack, the clips show husbands calling their wives names, making pig noises and such! I have told my husband on a number of occasions that I sometimes wish he wouldn't be so okay with me being overweight. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know he would love it if I were skinny, but he always tells me I am beautiful no matter what size I am. (The man obviously needs a stronger prescription for his glasses!) I use to think that I would want that extra pressure to lose weight, but in reality I would hate it! Who wouldn't?!

So... yeah... I think todays show should be interesting!!

Anyone else planning to watch or already watched?!

Replies

• PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It'll be over by the time I get home from work. :( its probably for the best anyway, I think I would yell at the tv or something, lol. I know what you're saying though, my guy would never dare say anything to me. I'd probably smack him, lol! Maybe I wouldn't have gained so much, who knows.
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    Yea I have thought that too... maybe I wouldn't have gained so much if only he'd been more critical.... but I probably would have still gained just as much (maybe more!) but been a hell of a lot more miserable with myself and my marriage!

I am off to watch, I will report back if there is anything interesting! :laugh:
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    The first couple was a husband wife duo and the guy just came across as a jerk, to me anyway. The second couple was a Mother and son duo and I found it touching when he teared up and said he didn't want her unhealthy. That is one of my main motivators, losing weight so my children don't have to deal with me being unhealthy overweight, and so they aren't embarrassed by me!
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Dd Dr. Phil set him straight? I have the same motivation as you. My mom was always overweight, and she struggled with it, and always hated her body. I want to be active, and healthy, so that maybe my little one won't have to deal with this.
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    You know he did! LOL! :laugh:

My Mom was always overweight when I was growing up. She was always dieting but never lost weight. Now she is stick thin, but in an unhealthy way. She practically doesn't eat. It's sad. I want to lose weight the healthy way, and keep it off.