First step... get to know each other!

Options
2»

Replies

• jean701
    jean701 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful to read everyone's stories :)....I'm still trying to lose 5 to 10 lbs...and am just not that motivated yet to really exercise. My kind of exercising is getting out in my yard, which alas, it's not a cardiovascular exercise which is what I should be doing...along with strength training. I did though, got out and bought some elastic bands for strength training and getting my muscles in shape.
  • Roboartist
    Options
    It's wonderful to read everyone's stories :)....I'm still trying to lose 5 to 10 lbs...and am just not that motivated yet to really exercise. My kind of exercising is getting out in my yard, which alas, it's not a cardiovascular exercise which is what I should be doing...along with strength training. I did though, got out and bought some elastic bands for strength training and getting my muscles in shape.

Welcome to the group. I would imagine your hot, humid weather could be an exercise inhibitor. I have a lot more than 5-10 pounds but I swear the last 5-10 pounds are a lot harder to lose than anything.
  • Shug_E
    Shug_E Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks Wanda. I wouldn't let a Twix get to you like that. Plan for a little treat every day and tell yourself you'll stick to only the planned treat. when it comes time where you feel like you could gnaw off your own arm for junk food remind yourself that you can wait for tomorrow's treat and then give yourself a treat worth waiting for.

I am still working on this but it really is getting better if I say I can wait until tomorrow when I am allowing myself to have a full sized whatever it is. When tomorrow comes I try to think if I really want that treat or if I can save it for another day. I have surprised myself...NEVER lol. I have been able to wait until tomorrow though. If I planned that treat so far I have said hell yeah and eaten it. Maybe I'll pass it up one day but I might have to tell myself the treat is something I don't like like Oreos or Butterfingers. I could have a pantry full of those and not touch a one.

I definitely have a lot to go, at 5'4" I should probably weigh closer to 140 than 240. I think with size 9.5 feet, my broad shoulders and big ole man hands I am not one of those tiny 5'4 women hiding under all my extra me. I know the closer I get to healthy BMI that I will change to a realistic goal.
    [/quote]

Thats a good idea..... to plan for a small treat daily. I was doing very well, but I've managed to let some personal challenges deter my progress. I will change that soon, starting with right now. Thanks for the tip!
  • Shug_E
    Shug_E Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks lots of exercise and portion control and not denying myself a chance to live a little and always get back on track even if it takes days or weeks to get there. It has not been easy probably the second hardest thing I have done in my life...U can do this!
    [/quote]

YES I CAN!!!!!!!! I want to do it. I have to do it. I am going to do it! Thank you.
  • Nanee24
    Nanee24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Renee. I will be 31 in a couple of months. I own a Marketing Consultation business and work out of the home (one of my challenges...having food around me all the time). I have a very sweet (and active) 3 year old boy, and am currently cooking up baby #2.

Before I got pregnant, I was down just over 36 lbs. I gained some of it back drinking my way through my summer, and the rest of it due to pregnancy. Because I'm pregnant, I have had to shift my mindset from losing to gaining at a good, healthy rate. I've been struggling to eat as healthy as I should be, and I have been terrible at tracking. I want to get back to tracking daily so after the baby comes, I'll already be on the schedule and the weight will come off faster. Depending on how much I gain (I only gained 13 with my son, but I am heavy enough that I didn't need to gain more than that), I'll most likely have a good 75+ lbs to lose.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and watching your successes until I can join in the weight loss fun again!
  • Roboartist
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Renee. I will be 31 in a couple of months. I own a Marketing Consultation business and work out of the home (one of my challenges...having food around me all the time). I have a very sweet (and active) 3 year old boy, and am currently cooking up baby #2.

Before I got pregnant, I was down just over 36 lbs. I gained some of it back drinking my way through my summer, and the rest of it due to pregnancy. Because I'm pregnant, I have had to shift my mindset from losing to gaining at a good, healthy rate. I've been struggling to eat as healthy as I should be, and I have been terrible at tracking. I want to get back to tracking daily so after the baby comes, I'll already be on the schedule and the weight will come off faster. Depending on how much I gain (I only gained 13 with my son, but I am heavy enough that I didn't need to gain more than that), I'll most likely have a good 75+ lbs to lose.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and watching your successes until I can join in the weight loss fun again!

Welcome Renee. I think it's great to get a jump on your health now. Congrats on baby 2!
  • K_Pow
    K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Been a member of this group for a while but have yet to introduce myself...so hear goes...

I'm Krista, 36, mom to an awesome 21 month old girl. Back in the day (2002) I was 230 pounds..moved away from home, found the gym and my love for spin class, fast forward to 2010 I was 170 pounds and eventually became a spin instructor---then got pregnant after 3 years of trying...gained back all my weight and am now trying to get my body back. Did get back down to 180 by the time my maternity leave ended but because of my sedentary full time job (typist) and now a 6-week hiatus from work because of wrist sugery I've gained some weight back and am now sitting at about 195.

I've been cleared for the gym so exercise is not a problem...now if I could just keep from eating all-the-time!!! Baby steps!!!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend...the more support the better right?
  • Roboartist
    Options
    Welcome Krista! Cute profile pic!