Week 4 - Twilighty Fabulous Fall Frolic (10/15-10/21)

Options
ScarlettVamp
ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
I just finished reading Breaking Dawn again today in anticipation of the premiere on November 16th. I promised the Team Jacob folks out there some wolf pack love this week:love: , so in honor of the pack and all they did to help the Cullen clan survive the Volturi’s attack, here is our Team Twilight challenge.

Cardio – 160 minutes - There were 16 wolves after the population explosion from all the “strictly need-to-know company” at the Cullen house. It was the appearance of those 16 wolves that made the Volturi pause to hear the truth in the clearing. We’re going to create a “cardio explosion” by adding a zero and facing the truth of what great exercise does to our bodies. I know that’s a big jump from last week, but if you’re gonna run with the pack, you gotta go big or go home!:wink:

Strength – 81 overhead triceps extensions, french presses, or triceps kickbacks (any combination of these exercises – go here for illustrations: http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html). Jacob’s fake driver’s license/passport shows his age as 27 years old, which he can easily pass for because though he’s only 16, he is a BEAST. We’re going to focus on one muscle group this week in an effort to tame the beastly underarm flab that might make us look older than 27! Please focus on doing 27 of these no more than EVERY OTHER DAY so that your muscles have a day of rest in between. (27 reps x 3 days = 81):smile:

Food – The pack has to “eat raw” when in their wolf form, so we’re going to focus on protein consumption while staying under calorie goal. Try to increase your protein intake from your norm. No need to tear into another “thick slab of streaming flesh” like Leah and Jake did, if meat isn’t your thing. Alternative protein sources like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, legumes, and protein shakes are all perfectly acceptable.:bigsmile:

Water – Strive for 8 glasses (64 oz) of pure water every day just like the pack drinks from those beautiful rivers and streams in the Pacific Northwest.:drinker:

Twilight Motivation – Share your favorite wolf quote, scene, or reference from any of the Twilight books or movies. By the time this week is over, our minds will be linked by wolf pack love!:smooched:

Okay Team Twilight, let’s work towards being strong members of La Push’s wolf pack. No imprinting required!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,930 Member
    Options
    Love it, Twi! Although I am totally Team Edward:love: , I love Jacob, too. :tongue: (So did Bella). So I'm glad to celebrate the pack!:bigsmile:

Those arm moves will be tough because I've been slacking on my arm exercises lately. But, I'll try to git 'er done. (oops, I forgot -- "Do or do not. There is no try!" :blushing: ) I'll git 'er done!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Thank you tons Leigh Ann for keeping us on the 'go'.:bigsmile:

After visiting wolf territory in LaPush last weekend I am raring to run on the beaches to get my cardio in, taking time to stop at the stream to get a long sip of cool water before I grab onto a tree to work out my arms. I am needing to focus on my protein and water again, I have been out of sync and getting into 'pack mode' will help immensely.

I am glad you didn't suggest any gross things like eating okra for this challenge, we wolves aren't known for being herbivores.:laugh:

Here is to a terrific week!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to be better this week, my shoulder/neck injury at the end of last week's challenge kept me short of meeting all goals
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Here is my pack report for Day 1.

My quote comes from Leah....Only she
    or a vampire could say such a thing about Jacob....

"Give me a break, Jacob. You can phase in front of me. Despite my best efforts, I've seen you naked before- doesn't do much for me, so no worries." -Leah- Breaking Dawn, chapter 13

Food....did well today, had 22 calories left. My inner carnivore was apparent when I tackled a full bag of turkey jerky!
    Protein 82 grams (I am set pretty high at 94 per day, so I was still a little under but far better than I have been doing)
    No cardio or strength training tonight, it was my first day back to work after vacation, and I am tuckered out!
    Water, I did well today!

Twi- thanks for getting me back on track again!

:angry: Trying to download my vacation photos from my phone to my MAC, so I can post a few here, no luck tonight. Maybe tomorrow!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I'm going to try to be better this week, my shoulder/neck injury at the end of last week's challenge kept me short of meeting all goals

Be careful Shell! Probably should avoid the arm exercises. What are the words to that song? ...the arm bone is connected to the...well, I am sure the arm and neck and shoulder bones are all very closely connected.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Cardio – 50/160 minutes

Strength – 0/81 overhead triceps extensions, french presses, or triceps kickbacks (any combination of these exercises

Food – 131 calories banked/ 62g protein for the day

Water – 8/8 glasses

Twilight Motivation – I love the scene in Breaking Dawn when Seth follows Jacob away from the pack after they decide to kill Bella

It seems my neck/shoulder issues were due to sleeping strange, I feel alot better today, but now have decided after tonight's deep water class that I'm going to have to hold off on doing this class until after I've toned my arms more because my "wings" rub against the float belt & I have red swollen friction burns on both arms from class
  • 77tes
    Options
    My pack report for Day 1

Cardio – 21/160 minutes - I figure any day I can sneak in a little workout before work is a big win.

Strength – 27/81 overhead triceps extensions, 27/81 french presses, 27/81 triceps kickbacks (am I a BEAST, yet?) Hooray! That we don't have to do any more until Wed. so that my muscles have a day of rest in between.

Food – Since I've beeen really pushing the protein, I'm actually a little down today, but still respectable.

Water – 9 glasses (64 oz) of pure water just like the pack drinks, but mine came from the Sierras .

Twilight Motivation – "Not bad for a prison break, eh?" Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 7, p.170

Yvonne, I love your quote, and the new pic on your ticker. Did you write that on the Quiluete's First Beach? Are you trying to start a war, lol?
  • surfrgrl1
    Options

Cardio – 21/160 minutes - I figure any day I can sneak in a little workout before work is a big win.

Yvonne, I love your quote, and the new pic on your ticker. Did you write that on the Quiluete's First Beach? Are you trying to start a war, lol?

Kathy, I completely agree about the cardio in the a.m. So much easier to get ahead of the pack!
    Yes, I was on first beach, and the tide was coming in quickly, so my 'Edward in the sand' was to soon be erased! But alas not to be forgotten!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder to get back to the group and get with the program! I'll work on this. My biggest struggles will be 160 minutes of cardio, given that I've slacked on cardio completely lately and I've been doing other things (or nothing at all - shame on me) and the tracking food. Uh. I haven't been. For several months now. *blush* So....let me start off today again. LOL
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Week 4, Day 1 -

Cardio – 0/160 minutes - MUST exercise tomorrow!

Strength – 0/81 overhead triceps extensions, french presses, or triceps kickbacks (any combination of these exercises

Food – Under goal with 73 cals to spare/ 74g protein - I got some in at every meal for a change!

Water – 8/8 glasses

Twilight Motivation - "I’d forgotten how much I really liked Jacob Black." - Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 5, p.131.
    This quote reminds me that it's okay to love Jacob and join the pack....even if I'm a vamp at heart!
  • 77tes
    Options
    It seems my neck/shoulder issues were due to sleeping strange, I feel alot better today, but now have decided after tonight's deep water class that I'm going to have to hold off on doing this class until after I've toned my arms more because my "wings" rub against the float belt & I have red swollen friction burns on both arms from class

My daughter had this problem and bought a rash guard (like for surfing). It worked great and now she has a spare rash guard which she can wear for body surfing since she doesn't need it any more. :bigsmile:
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Day 2 Pack Report

Well, the wolf’s out of the bag now.
    Embry Call, New Moon, Chapter 14, p.328. (That Embry is a cutie!)

Water-severe draught in my neck of the woods, lack of available drinking water in streams and rivers. 4 of 8 cups slurped today.

Protein. 63 grams

77 calories in the bank

0 strength training.

Cardio 30/160 minutes running with the pack. The downside to the shorter daylight hours - walking in the dark. Unlike my wolf brothers, I prefer to run in the daylight. I will adapt.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Cardio – 83/160 minutes

Strength – 0/81 overhead triceps extensions, french presses, or triceps kickbacks (any combination of these exercises, I did do a set of triceps extensions with 30lbs on the machines

Food – 439 calories banked today/570 for the week/ 69g protein for the day

Water – 9/8 glasses
  • 77tes
    Options
    My pack report for Day 2

Cardio – 59/160 minutes - Workout before work and a campus "fitness walk."

Strength – Rest day

Food – Over 100 grams, so respectable.

Water – 10 glasses (64 oz) of pure water just like the pack drinks.

Twilight Motivation – "Until your heart stops beating, Bella. I’ll be here — fighting. Don’t forget that you have options." Jacob Black, Eclipse, Chapter 15, p.330 Ah, I love Jake!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i'm late - fashionably, of course! but i will report back today with my stats - *love* this challenge! and i am totally going to channel my inner jacob while i hit the punching bag - romantic angst!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2 - I'm a bit late posting, but I was super busy last night and didn't get a chance to get on MFP. :grumble:

Cardio – 15/160 minutes - Need more Cardio!

Strength – 27/81 overhead triceps extensions, french presses, or triceps kickbacks (any combination of these exercises)

Food – Under goal with 23 cals to spare/ 60g protein - Had some protein at every meal, but just not enough. REALLY need to work on less carbs/more protein, but I'm trying to eat stuff that I have in the house that no one else is touching (i.e. leftovers, frozen stuff etc) to save money.

Water – 8/8 glasses

Twilight Motivation - "Did you know, you’re sort of beautiful?" - Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 8, p.192 (speaking to Jacob when he takes his shirt off. Yum!)
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Week 4 - Day 3

Cardio – 83/160 minutes

Food – 765calories banked today/1335 for the week/ 44 g protein for the day

Water – 6/8 glasses
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    'Run by'. report for day 3....

Catching up after a week of vacation at Work is kicking my butt, had headaches at the start and finish of my day and realized that I didn't have time to eat my snacks I had taken. Grabbed a burger and--- ohhh for shame--- a mini sized concrete for dinner, so I am overdrawn at the blood errr I mean at the food bank.

Thursday will be better.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Week 4 - Day 3

Cardio – 208/160 minutes

Food – 765calories banked today/1335 for the week/ 44 g protein for the day

Water – 6/8 glasses
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Pack Report day 4

42 minute romp through the dusty streets. (72/160)
    Food in the hole today by 105. (About 900 overdrawn for the week)
    Protein 80 grams
    No strength exercises......makes Surfrgrl a weakling.
    Water 56 ounces

This Quote really hits home, and makes me think of my recent trip to LaPush. There was a group of guys
    behind us in a VW Rabbit. The guys were big and the car was so small! Coincidence?, Or was it the wolf pack? i just know that it Made me smile, wish I had thought to snap a photo!

"You wouldn’t happen to know where I could get my hands on a master cylinder for a 1986 Volkswagen Rabbit?"

Jacob Black, Twilight, Chapter 6, p.120