Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Every Sunday: Expression Challenge! 10/14

garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, I want to mimic another blog I saw but will tweak a bit....Let's use Sundays for whoever happens to read and it is not many....but whoever wants to shout out what they learned about themselves with this health and fitness journey!
The topic can be anything you learned at all about health. Remember health is not just weight but encompasses the total being: Mental, physical spiritual...this means our families, grocery store, exercise, how you think, relation to others....tell it all.
We are here to listen and not judge.
EXPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace Joy and importantly LOVE,
Wonder Woman

Replies

• I learned that even if the scale goes up a little i dont need to put myself down for it
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    I learned about my mental health: My job has taken over my life...I can't even take a class in the even bc conflicts with job. I don't want to be my job just work there! I see it is impacting my other health issues.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Oh boy I learned much. Today I will share with you my horror when I discovered just how much I was eating in a day. Many times I went to the 3000 calorie mark. Now that was bad. Thanks to sites like MFP I have learned discipline.

Mea, I know what you mean. It is hard to not beat yourself up when the scale goes up. I measure myself once a month and pay close attention to how my clothes are fitting. If the clothes are loose I know all is good. But I will be honest, right now I obsess. Last night I was tired but I was over on my calorie intake and had to exercise to get me back in the green.

Garlic, I sure hope you can find the right balance with work and life. I do not want your health going in the crapper because of stress. It is not easy finding balance but I believe you can.
  • kittycat707
    kittycat707 Posts: 8 Member
    (sorry late to reply:blushing: )...I have learned a lot, but the main thing is "I'm doing this for myself no one else!" and I think the big one is,(which i have taped to my fridge) is..."I only hurt myself, no one else " I would eat to "get back" at whatever upset me or made me feel bad...
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    I learnt that if I can eat rice and still lose weight.
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    I've learned that I'm not alone, in my journey to good health, I have friends or MFP and I have family members on MFP, we're all on the same journey, It's up to Me and Me alone on keeping my goal...not just today, next week, next month, but the rest of my life. :smile:
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    I have learned that if I don't include my husband in on my healthy descisions there is no way I can stick to them. So instead of just pikcing healthy foods I like, I need to incorporate his needs and tastes. We are a unit, nolonger one, and want he needs matters too.

Hard lesson for a newlywed, when I think it should all be my way :o)