Weekly Meal Plans

Options
ChasingKatie
ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
Each Sunday I spend the day cooking, prepping, getting ready for the week ahead. I do much better when I have food ready to grab and go, instead of having to come home and cook each night. I also dont mind eating the same thing for a few days in a row, so it works for me.

Today I am making pumpkin chili for lunches, fajita veggie frittata for breakfasts, and turkey sausage and peppers for a few dinners.

What on your menu this week?

Replies

• MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    I don't usually plan out my meals ahead of time but I would really like to start doing that! I don't eat any meat other than chicken so I will be having a lot of chicken meals. My lunches lately have been mostly PB&J which I know isn't the best bang for my buck..... but it's quick and easy and what the kids are eating these days, so I go with it! Haha!
  • Shug_E
    Shug_E Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also prepare my meals for the week,. I clean and cook on my first off day and try to relax on the next. This week I have shrimp stirfry on my mind with some wild rice and maybe a spinach salad or some baked fish. Any suggestions towards tweaking this menu?
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    I normally just cook my veggies and prepare my snacks. Ive been on a smothering cabbage kick. lol.
    I could eat it all day. lol
  • Shelly_gurl79
    Shelly_gurl79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't plan mine out either..My days are so hectic, I usually dont even eat a real breakfast or lunch. A piece of fruit or yogurt. I work in the evening so its usually a lean cuisine or some type of frozen meal, but your food sounds amazing
  • miriameam
    miriameam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have to plan my meals on Sunday's, otherwise it's Taco Bell and In N Out half the time.
    Monday: BLT
    Tuesday: Chicken tacos
    Wednesday: Yumm Bowls (brown rice, pinto beans, Yumm Sauce, veggies)
    Thursday: Eating out Pizza for a football game- but i will try to walk more during the day, no soda/beer, limited toppings
    Friday: Chicken Marsala

This also helps so that i know if i need to have a big breakfast/lunch, or if i need to keep it simple so i can eat more at dinner (like on Thursday)
  • Roboartist
    Options
    Normally I plan only dinners and I keep an assortment of healthy choices for breakfasts, lunches and snacks but the last couple of weeks I have made no time to do this due to heavy volunteering, kid sport and music classes and dog training classes. Tomorrow is fall festival for school and after that I have big plans to spend my Friday planning dinners.