Being patient with the non-boyfriend boyfriend worked!!!

Options
It has taken over 7 months but tonight the non-boyfriend boyfriend is meeting the kids. I was gone for the weekend and was missed SO much (according to him). He said he thought about us all weekend and is ready for everything. For those of you who don't know there is a BIG age difference plus I have 2 kids and he has none. Those 2 things have kept him from fully falling for me. He got over the age things a couple months ago but wasn't quite ready to meet the kids. The only thing I ever said to him was "when you are ready let me know".......I didn't push the issue because honestly I don't know how I'd feel about meeting someone elses kids and I have kids. He has never even dated someone with kids.

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    so wait, is he your boyfriend now? Or is he still the non-boyfriend boyfriend but we're celebrating because he's taking a step forward in meeting your kids?

Whichever it is, I'm happy for you if you're happy.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    So happy for you Catherine. I hope the meeting is a great success :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    so wait, is he your boyfriend now? Or is he still the non-boyfriend boyfriend but we're celebrating because he's taking a step forward in meeting your kids?

Whichever it is, I'm happy for you if you're happy.

Yes he is my boyfriend now. I still like calling him the non-boyfriend boyfriend on here. And thank you!! He does make me happy. Very happy. Something that is very new and exciting to me.
  • catherine4211
    Options
    So happy for you Catherine. I hope the meeting is a great success :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:

Thank you!!!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    yayayayayayayayayay! Finally! I am so very happy for you!!! Let me know how the meeting goes!!! Are you nervous?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    yeah so happy for you! Let us know how it goes. :flowerforyou:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    catherine....that is so awesome...so freaking happy for you!!!!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    yay! congrats! good things come to those who wait............
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck! I hope everything turns out well :)
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    So happy for you!
  • catherine4211
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    YAHOOOOOOOOOOO Doing the happy dance for you!!! I am so excited and I wish you nothing but happiness :flowerforyou:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats, girl! :drinker:
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome! Good luck & keep us posted.

Btw, how ever shall we refer to him when he is no longer the non-boyfriend boyfriend on MFP ;-)

We could abbreviate perhaps... NBFBF?

Super happy for you!
  • catherine4211
    Options

Btw, how ever shall we refer to him when he is no longer the non-boyfriend boyfriend on MFP ;-)

Super happy for you!

hahaha. Love the abbreviation. The meeting went well. My son was quiet, but he always is. My daughter got home from work at 7:30 and actually sat with us in the living room and they talked. I'm SO happy!!!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Get it girlfriend!!!!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness....
    I have to agree with you, I don't like the word boyfriend...I feel like I'm too old for that.
    I tend to call them a nick name, hence my latest friend is known as CBH, Cowboy Hat. :drinker:

Awesome with the kids, and how that went. I can imagine older kids being a little more shy. My younger kids 6 and 5 are all over new people like they've never been let out of the house before.

Ha Ha Congrats!!!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Super happy for you!

hahaha. Love the abbreviation. The meeting went well. My son was quiet, but he always is. My daughter got home from work at 7:30 and actually sat with us in the living room and they talked. I'm SO happy!!!
    Nice! I'm happy to hear it's working out so well. :smile: