Hi Everyone

Almost three weeks ago, I asked the people of my Prayer Chain on Facebook to pray for me. Here were my exact words,
"I want to ask for prayer here... I want to lose weight. I do not sleep well, I don't breathe well, my joints ache, and the extra weight I am carrying plus Lyme disease does not mix well. I have NO will power when it comes to food. NONE. This is like an addiction for me, and worse than any I have ever faced. When I decided to quit using drugs, I just stopped buying them...and walked away with God's help. When I decided to quit drinking caffeine, I did the same. When I decided to quit smoking, I simply didn't buy any more cigarettes....but I gained 50 pounds. Before that, I was always able to eat anything I wanted and not get fat...But food....is my weakness. I love food. ALL food. Healthy food, unhealthy food, raw food, cooked food, meats, veggies, deserts, I am not prejudice, I love it all. And I cannot simply stop buying food.. once it is here, well, ya know. It also does not help that I went from being a waitress on my feet 8-16 hours a day to a writer who just sits and types. I love my job, but I need God's help to be motivated to exercise... I am not sure if this sounds silly or not... but I am confessing my sins here...I am addicted to food (gluttony) and I have no motivation to exercise (sloth) and I need help. Some may understand this kind of addiction... and it is an addiction...and I really need God's help to be healthy again."
A few days later, someone told me about myfitnesspal, and I joined here. It has really helped me, and I feel it was meant for me to be here. I copied most of that prayer to my profile here, for people to know just where I stand. I would love to have more Christian friends here to pray with me and support each other. I have lost 3 pounds, and some days I am so excited, but others, I am struggling. Please add me, and keep me in your prayers.
Thanks,
Angela Kaye Mason

Replies

• sonflowergirl27
    sonflowergirl27 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Angela,

My name is Kim. I joined fitness pal a few months ago and then stopped. And just started again. I just found this group and just joined. I know it is a struggle with food, I love food and love to cook. I have found that everyday, I ask the Lord to help me do one thing good for myself . Eating, working out, whatever it may be. I have found it helps to just take one day at a time. And when I don't feel like working out, I just do it anyway and feel so much better, everyday I get stronger! I have lost 12 pounds so far and need to lose 70 more. I will keep you in my prayers and you can all me as a friend.
    Be Blessed,
    Stay Strong in the Lord and the Power of His Might!
    Kim