Babymoons

Options
2»

Replies

• rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Leaning towards Fiji at this point...... Lots of great ideas ladies.
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Hey y'all, I just wanted to share this post I just wrote about my babymoon (with some pics).

http://www.jennyrosenthal.com/2012/11/babymoon-at-mohonk.html

Cute!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Leaning towards Fiji at this point...... Lots of great ideas ladies.

Ohhhh, so jealous!
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response. I discussed it with my doctor again and he reminded me that flight attendants will fly 5 times a week up till 30 weeks. That made me feel better.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just came accross this thread. My husband & I are planning a trip in April, I'll be 27/28 weeks. We are thinking of Cancun Mexico because it is a short flight and we will be staying at a nice resort. I just left a message with my doctor to make sure this is ok. I hope all will be fine. I'm a little nervous though but really want to get away before the baby comes.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Just came accross this thread. My husband & I are planning a trip in April, I'll be 27/28 weeks. We are thinking of Cancun Mexico because it is a short flight and we will be staying at a nice resort. I just left a message with my doctor to make sure this is ok. I hope all will be fine. I'm a little nervous though but really want to get away before the baby comes.

Depending on where you are staying (I have been to Cancun many, many, many times), you should be fine. Stick to bottled water (just in case, though at the places that are nice, you can brush your teeth in the sink without worry), and as long as all the food is cooked enough, you'll be ok. In the 16 or so times I've been there, I've only been sick once, and honestly I think it just happened that a stomach bug ran through my family while we happened to be there. Everyone got sick for about 12 hours, and as soon as one got better another got sick, which to me doesn't say food poisoning (where everyone would get sick at the same time).

Since you're early on, too, flying should be no problem.

ETA enjoy your trip! I wish I were going there :) One of my favorite places in the world!
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We had planned to go to Bahamas in May as my Husband is best man in a wedding....I'll be 31 weeks so I'm not so sure I can go.

Everyone says flying is safe but I'm a high anxiety flyer on a good day, I can't manage to unbuckle my seat belt let alone use the bathroom.

Looks like we'll have to do something more low key instead!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    we were planning one to a B&B in virginia for a few days but my dad wanted us to come home and visit so we did that instead. Kinda a bummer but we really couldn't afford to have my husband off work for TWO weeks plus the expenses of both trips (though dad paid for the flight to CA) Maybe we'll be daring and go after the baby is born hehe
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Fun, fun! Has anyone gone on their babymoon yet? (Husband eye rolls at that word, ha)

We booked Fiji! So excited........ Trying to book a Great Barrier Reef 3 day cruise too, but their cut off is 26 weeks pregnant..... We'll see.