Placing our first Cache today..With a GeoCoin!

Options
I received a limited edition Geocoin from John Grisham ,the author, to promote his new book. So we decided that we would start a "Book Exchange Cache". We have put in a Grisham novel, a few girly romance novels and several age groups of kids books on the premise that if you take one you leave one. I hope it works!! We are placing it this afternoon, I can't wait!! I just hope that the Geocoin keeps going.

Replies

• bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    i've seen them. very cool. i doubt they will stay in circulation long. too many coin thieves out there.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have to find a new spot now they denied it because it is to close to a train track
  • Sequoia_2
    Sequoia_2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We have our JG coins too. Gonna drop them in a cache in Lafayette next weekend I guess. Yeah, I am sure they will disappear too, but I guess we have to take our chances. Putting those caches near RR tracks can be hard....I guess it depends on the reviewer though, cause we found a cache on a walking trail DIRECTLY UNDER THE TRACKS! Now you know that has to show up on the tracks...I don't know how they did it unless they posted the wrong coordinates and then changed them after the cache was published....
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    under the tracks is fine if there are fences to keep people from getting to them.
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I LOVE the idea of the books in a cache. My kids always take little trinkets to trade out. Once you get an approved location, let us know the cache name.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    Will do. we were hoping to get it back out this past weekend but I had a minor injury and was not moving too well
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    That doesn't sound good. Hope the injured recovers quickly. :smile:
  • Jffok
    Jffok Posts: 15
    Options
    Hope that you got your cache published., I like the book exchange caches. I don't know where your are from but there was a book exchange cache in Fayetteville, Ar and one in Clarksville, Ar. I found the one in Fayetteville but the one in Clarksville got muggled. I have a friend that places her paperbook books in a nice sealed baggie and puts them in caches when she is done with them. Good way to pass the books along., I have the JG trackable but haven't dropped it yet.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    Still looking for the right place now that I am mostly healed up. We should get it out Saturday.