Could But Good- Incentive game

Options
nibbynoo
nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
bonjour fellow fat fighters.

here's a little game.

right now I COULD really eat a huge tray of lasagne BUT it wouldn't be as GOOD as seeing a drop on the scale next week

in a time of weakness or right now, start off with something you really fancy and could quite happily plough into right now and follow with what stops you from doing it or your inspiration.

I do this when I'm walking round the supermarket!
stay strong fellow comfort eaters!!
xx

Replies

• ashley_mckee
    ashley_mckee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This one is really hard for me because of the delay of gratification, but I am gonna try it! I think I"m gonna use a "prize" to achieve this goal. I have started off small (ate green beans today with my chicken strips instead of fries), but I am hoping this time I can get this behavior under control!
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    nice one Ashley, swapping is the way forward.
    I swapped pasta for green beans so i know how you feel on that one!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    thanks for the thought. i'm gonna try this
    my issue is mindless snacking! so trying to make myself think is the issue otherwise it's gone before i've even thought about it!
  • teamgoodnews
    teamgoodnews Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thinking about what you want to do instead of just mindlessly doing it is such a good idea.

This is stupid but it's nighttime and I really want to eat about thirty slices of cheese I have in my fridge, I could so happily plough through it. I just had dinner. I'm going to drink a ton of water instead.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I really like this post. Thanks....

Tonight, before my physical therpy for my broken ankle, I could come up with a million reasons to eat a double steakburger with bacon and cheese, with skinny fries and milk shake. Yum!

But it's going to be good, for me to have a sensible meal and feel good about myself after I eat. Wish me luck!