Welcome

Options
HisangelG
HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
Sign in here and share as much or as little as you like. Let's encourage one another on our way to gentle movements for fitness.

Replies

• HisangelG
    Options
    I will start. I need to lose 200 pounds to get to weight I can be both happy and healthy with. 150 to simply be healthy. I am in wheelchair with limited walking. Learning to eat healthy and move gently.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 30lbs, I have Multiple Sclerosis, and am limited in the amount of activity I can do. I find Water areobics, and walking my dog to be the best forms of exercise for me, as too much easily exhausts me and puts me in bed for two days!
  • sunshinefrei
    Options
    I need to lose 130lbs this would be ideal weight for me as I am very small built at 5'1 with very small bone structure. I spend most of my time in bed with back pain. All the meds they have me on now just work if I am not doing anything. I last about 15 min. on feet and 30 sitting in chair. I love the food I eat now and have a great time planning what I will eat the next week. One day at a time and we will all make great strides toward our goals. So keep moving gently as you lose you will get easier to move a little at a time. Last time I lost a bunch was in 2009 by eatting right it was 60lbs then my back started in and it sure came on fast. Have a great evening and keep smiling everyone will wounder what you are up to.
    Cheri
  • Zanna857
    Zanna857 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have always been a big girl. Growing up, I decided that meant I was also strong,(go figure). When I was 16 I started to have back problems and gave myself my first hernia. Because of money and the farm life I was raised on I just lived with it. At 18, I started working full time on my feet and I had to deal with my scyatica that brought tears to my eyes. I was raised to go with out medications and drugs, so it was very difficult for me when at 21 one morning I couldn't get out of bed not even to pee. I haven't worked a day since then. That was almost seven years ago. I have been battling the health care system since this started. If they would just let you do the simplest things it would be so much easier, and save money in the long run.
    So, now I have just had my second MRI. I have two slipped discs. Spinal stenosis, when pressure is put on nerves and blood flow around injured area. I have shooting pains in my low back and legs to my toes. Occasional problems with my neck and arms, circulation. I suffer from Poly Cysctic Ovarian Syndrome which in addition to its own annoyance, makes weight loss very difficult.

Depression, anxiety, fear, lonlyness, self hate, are all also appart of my routing that I am working to change, however slowly.
    And I would very much like people who understand to help me through, I'm here for you as well. ;)

So you have my basic story. I have a goal of loosing 90 pounds in nine months to a year. I have to stick to this because my MRI shows the epidural injections are building up fat deposits around my discs which is the same pressure as the bulging discs on the nurves. So I have a limit on the epidurals I can have. The epidurals help me both withpain and being able to move and be somewhat active. Right now I am basicly bedridden and the pain medication makes me sleepy and fuzzy headed.

I look forward to getting to know others who are in simmilar situations. Thank you! Best Wishes in your Journeys.

Thanks for letting me spill my guts.....lol
    Yours, Suzi
  • papagator1
    papagator1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I know it's hard, but you are here for a reason... maybe to inspire others by not quitting... struggling through those periods of anxiety and depression can be exhausting... it never ceases to amaze me how just a smile.... or the smallest kind gesture or word... has helped me... so we should try to do the same.
  • nctgreene
    nctgreene Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm so happy to have found this thread. I am 61 and had Polio when I was almost 3 yrs. I have been diagnosed with Post Polio Syndrome. That's basically your already weakened muscles getting weaker with more pain as you age. Weight loss has always been difficult for me because of limited mobility (leg braces). With one leg shorter than the other I deal with a lot of back pain. Having said that I consider myself a very blessed person. I lost 36 lbs several years ago and regained a little. I now need to lose around 30 lbs. I look forward to your support as well as giving you mine.

Nancy
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Thank you for allowing me to join this group. I have at least 100 pounds I want to lose. Ive dropped 60 in the last 3 months. I have severe back trouble......it's been broken twice. I have fractured my neck in a semi truck versus me accident a couple years ago. Ive had 28 different surgeries to correct various injuries from being beat as a kid. I have titanium steel pins plates and screws from my neck to my toes. My back is bad to the point that I cant stand for even 10 minutes nor walk even a mile now. It never doesnt hurt. I recently flared the cervical stenosis by using dumbbells and working out every night. I had to stop about 10 days ago cuz I could no longer tolerate the pain. I sleep about 90 minutes a night.........sometimes as much as 3 hours...maybe 4.

Soooooooo weight loss is a challenge but it is one we can battle and win.......it'll just take time.

WE
    CAN
    SUPPORT
    each other thru this.

Have a great night people.....stand strong (No pun intended).
  • sunshinefrei
    Options
    I am so glad to see so many post to this group, I was begaining to think I might be alone with physical limatations. Thanks for everyone posting support is great!
    Have a great night.
  • HisangelG
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was pretty sure there were others with mobility issues and perhaps weight to lose. We can encourage one another.

Feel free to start a thread about something you want to talk about. I will be starting a thread for exercises for wheelchair (or regular chair) if you k ow of some, please contribute to that thread.

Glad you are all here. Together, we can do this.
  • papagator1
    papagator1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Mine is not as severe as yours, but it never stops. I've been laid up from 1 week, to as much as 1 month at a time for over 2 years now. It's so FRUSTRATING! Just when you think your making progress... BANG... you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!! I did find though, that I could do some isometric exercises, along with breathing exercises and meditation helps me manage the pain(somewhat), when I'm down.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 130lbs this would be ideal weight for me as I am very small built at 5'1 with very small bone structure. I spend most of my time in bed with back pain. All the meds they have me on now just work if I am not doing anything. I last about 15 min. on feet and 30 sitting in chair. I love the food I eat now and have a great time planning what I will eat the next week. One day at a time and we will all make great strides toward our goals. So keep moving gently as you lose you will get easier to move a little at a time. Last time I lost a bunch was in 2009 by eatting right it was 60lbs then my back started in and it sure came on fast. Have a great evening and keep smiling everyone will wounder what you are up to.
    Cheri

Do you have disc disease? Have you tried a chiropractor? I have suffered from low back pain for years, but never wanted to go to one because of a bad experience with one many moons ago. In fact, I used to call them Quackopractors. However, this spring when my neck pain was so bad I could not see straight and nothing was helping, I broke down a went to see one. It took five months and 36 visits, but my neck and back pain are virtually non-existant. He's even helped my carpal tunnel sydrome.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose. While I do not have what would technically be considered a mobility impairment, I do have times when I hurt do bad that I can hardly move. On my good days, I can get a lot of exercise. On my bad days, I spend most of them in bed or sitting in a chair.

I have had some relief from a chiropractor, a hysterectomy, and a thyroidectomy, but still have carpal tunnel symdrome,sleep apnea, one ovary with PCOS, leukemia, and asthma. Not one of my doctors says my conditions should be causing my pain that would put me in bed, so my fear is there is another diagnosis down the road.

The weirdest part about what I experience is sometimes not even pain. Sometimes it's my muscles cramping and twitching. Other times, it's a burning, and other times it's like I have no energy in my muscles to make them move. My arms and legs are so heavy that I can barely even lift them. My doctor put me on Vitamin D and that has helped, but I will have really bad days about once a month.

I hope this group will help us all with support and getting us through our bad days.
  • HisangelG
    Options
    Just saw this. Welcome. You are welcome here for sure.

Lot is going on for some of us and we have not been posting much.
  • HisangelG
    Options
    Hi all. Back in the States again. Hope to get more active with this group. I am thinking of each of you as you go through your daily journey, knowing we are all dealing with one pain or another that slows us down.

Let's not let it stop us. We can do this.
  • nctgreene
    nctgreene Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would love to be more active in this group. I sometimes can't respond because I don't always have my computer with me at my moms but I can read the post and catch up later. So let's all chime in when we can.

adbohis, it doesn't matter what your issues are, pain is pain and we all understand that here. I have problems with muscle spasms as well. Not as much as I used to when I worked but I do know it hurts. Mine was due to having Polio as a child. You also sound like my mother. Have you ever been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia? It sounds a lot like it.

Nancy
  • mpallone1
    mpallone1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have about 5 lbs max I can lose. I am more on MFP for motivation to work out than lose weight. I use a power wheelchair full-time, but can use my legs and arms (just with limited mobility). I love working out with DVDs - mainly Leslie Sansone's stuff- easy enough to do sitting down.

thanks,
    Melinda
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for group like this. It would be great to find other like-minded individuals. I am an every day logger. Up till 2 weeks ago I was exercising three times a week. I had three bad falls in three weeks and so I have to take it easy and no exercise for a little while.

I have cerebral palsy and some spinal damage. I've had two neck fusions to correct spinal cord injuries and three low back surgeries and fusion that improved my pain issues in my low back. I'm about half way to my goal weight.
    Thanks for the board and the support!