gluten free bread crumbs

Options
Trying to make more dinners where I don't have to cook something separate for me. This may be a silly question, but are there gluten free bread crumbs?

Replies

• restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I know there are I have never use premade bread crumbs. Just due to having to order them or drive over 1 hour to get them. You can make your own by drying bread out and using a cheese grater.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i know our local sobeys has them. I seen them in a bag in the bakery section. It stated right on the bag GF. they were double the price though.. like everything else..
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I know there are I have never use premade bread crumbs. Just due to having to order them or drive over 1 hour to get them. You can make your own by drying bread out and using a cheese grater.
    How do you dry yours out? Do you put it in a toaster or just leave it out on the counter until it dries and become stale?
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    Last night I made Gluten Free Chicken Parm- For Breadcrumbs I put about 1 cup of GF brown rice crispies (Kellogs) in my food processor with some Italian seasoning. It worked great! It tasted like the chicken parm I remember!
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yep.. lots of places have em..
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I buy Gillian's which are available at a lot of health food stores. They make a regular bread crumb and an Italian style. I love the regular and have made deep fried pork chops that taste like what I'm used to growing up so I don't feel left out on the occasions where we decide to splurge.
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    Yes! I get mine from Cubs here in MN. I use it when I fry chicken or making breaded chicken...taste the same as regular bread crumbs
  • hdlb111
    hdlb111 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I buy Glutino bread crumbs, but I only use them to make the kids chicken nuggets, they are made of corn. I haven't looked for them otherwise.