Calories burned

Options
catbrand
catbrand Posts: 227 Member
Hey!

Can you manually enter the number of calories you burn during a workout into endomondo as I can't afford to spend £82 on a new bluetooth HRM when I have a perfectly good polar (but I have a blackberry so I can't just buy a bluetooth wearlink+ transmitter) The numbers endomondo makes up for calories burned are ridiculous, apparently I just burned 2500 calories in nearly 3 hours doing martial arts! just over 1000 maybe, but certainly not 2500!!

Thanks!

Replies

• tr33p1g
    tr33p1g Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that you can't edit the calories although when I enter my average heart rate it does pull the figures closer to those of the HRM. I would like a bluetooth unit but its not that long since I bought a Polar so my OH won't let me upgrade!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to change the cals on Endo, but you can edit the values here on MFP. My walk this afternoon said I netted a 300+ cal count, way too high for a 30min walk. On MFP i edited the total back down where it would normally be (past use of HRM) and so far it's staying.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,139 Member
    Options
    So far Endo doesn't seem too far off for my bike rides compared to what I had gotten in the past wearing my HRM. I will have to wear it today. As stated you can modify your calories on MFP, but not, as far as I can see, on Endo.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Just went for a bike ride to compare. For the same ride my HRM gave me a calculation of 615 calories, endo gave 542. That is close enough for my liking.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I don't have an HRM so I can only go by what the apps or MFP says. I walked 8km today (5.5km/hr) for 90 minutes and Endo says I burned 913 calories. That sounded high so I changed it to 600 but even that I don't trust so much. I just don't trust the burn and don't want to go over every day.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    913 doesn't sound that out of line. Maybe a little high, but not much. Frankly I prefer using a calorie calculator that includes intended exercise calories and then base my daily calories on that. Then I don't have to eat exercise calories back.
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    By logging on to Endomondo.com with a computer you can edit your workouts. The site is not Blackberry friendly. I have found the calories on endo to be fairly accurate.