10k Sign Up/Results

Options
rebeccap13
rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
Please post here if you would like to participate in the 10k "race" and also post your results after you have run on Dec 15th!

Replies

• runeatrun
    Options
    I might do 10 miles if I feel ready, but for now I think Ill say I'm doing 10k!
  • mollieprice331
    mollieprice331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My plan is to do this one. I'tll be slow, but hey, better than nothing!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I will do at least the 10K. That is my running day with the "group" and won't know until closer to the day what the scheduled run will be. Usually we run a min. of 10 miles but that close to the holidays they may cut back a bit. So, all that said, I will plan on the 10K.
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My distance is going to depend on the weather. I would like to commit to the 10 mile but since I am in MN I may be running this on a treadmill. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates and I can do the 10 mile outside. :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I will commit to this 10k. (I wonder if I will run this slower as it's the day after I turn 43.)
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the 10k!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'll od the 10k! I may do the 10 miles, but I'll stick with the 10k for now to see how training feels (I've had meniscus issues since I ran my half marathon in July!)
  • mommyz722
    Options
    I will do the 10K. I might bump up to the 10 mile. I have to see how it goes. I am just getting back in the game after an injury. Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • runforfun2day
    Options
    I would like to commit to running the 10K. I hope to go further but it will most likely be on the treadmill due to december in wisconsin.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Committing to the 10K, because it fits in my half-marathon training plan :)
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'll do this. I'm already registered to run in the local Santa Stampede. I need an official time. My idea of timing myself is how long I will run before I turn back.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Im signed up to run a 10k in The Dam Jingle Bell Dash on Saturday the 15th. It's sure to be cold & rainy but I guess if some people run in snow I can't complain. Good luck to all on your 10k!!!
  • runforfun2day
    Options
    Well I opted not to do it on the treadmill but instead I ran it in the pouring rain. Who would have guessed rain not a blizzard December 15th in Wisconsin. Anyway completed it in 51 min 0 seconds. Thanks this was a great idea.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My 10K time was a bit slow~I ran it with my husband and he gave blood yesterday. So, My 10K time was 1:15 and my 10 mile time was 2:20 and my 12 mile time was 2:40. Great idea!!!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Congratulations to ALL and yes, this was a great idea! I ran 6.11 miles of muddy hilly dirt trails in 1 hour & 17 minutes. No rain but it was cold as hell!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I ran the 10k in 1:12. No snow this time, lucky me. I have been running in 5Ks, so this was my first 10K in 20 years. I finished happy and with my usual 100 yard sprint to the finish line.
  • mommyz722
    Options
    Ok, I was only able to do a 5K. It took me longer than usual.....35 minutes. I have not been running lately so this is just the kick in the pants I needed to get back on track. :smile: This was such a great idea to do this! Good job to all of you who did do it!!!!:drinker:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I hit the trails, so it was much longer than usual: 68:20

It's all good though, great weather and a fun romp in the mud!