Yarn Bribes

Options
Espresso345
Espresso345 Posts: 42 Member
So I think I've found a good way to keep me on track with the diet/exercise: yarn bribes.

I've got a FitBook, and every week, it encourages you to reward yourself if you reach your goals. So, for me, that's a skein of sock yarn, or a set of Addis or maybe a couple of patterns from RAV.

It seems to work really, really well for me - the two quarters I tried it, I steadily lost weight. The two I decided to suspend it to focus on my budget....well, I didn't exercise as much.

Grand prize at the end of the 13 week cycle is usually a sweater's worth of yarn. I want to order enough BFL from Blue Moon Fiber Arts to make the Queen Bee sweater.

I suppose I'm eventually going to have to swap out some other knitting goal - like maybe knitting TIME for the yarn eventually - or I'm going to run out of room at home!

Replies

• Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I like it! Smetimes you do need rewards for progress. I like the knitting time instead of yarn too. Maybe you could travel ouy to a yarn store at is further out for a reward? Spend some time in that area and share in their knitting time? That would be great. They will be looking forward to your visits if you explain why you are there.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yarn is always good motivation. ;) Continued success....would love to see the sweater when it's finished!
  • dimples1059
    dimples1059 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like the idea as well. My only problem is that I'm a slow knitter and I already have several skeins of yarn and projects that I haven't even started.