Where is everyone?

Options
I just joined the group! *cricket cricket*- Where is everyone?

Anyhow I am Cheryl, and I am glad to be here. I've enjoyed the information so far!

I am getting active now, working out mostly at home with my elliptical, ab chair, and I've tried Zumba a few times... however I just don't have the rhythm. I really never had much rhythm! LoL it’s still fun even if I look like a hyper baboon.

I just don’t have the courage to join the gym yet. I work literally right above one, and I see the people going in and out every day, and when they see me, it’s usually a look of distain. It makes me want to throw cookies at them… lol I’m sure that’s what they would expect. HA

I love being active going for walks, I’ve just become so self-conscious lately. I feel like everyone is looking at me like I am gong to eat them or something. Maybe it’s all in my head!

I Weigh 370 now, well I weigh in again this coming Monday. I want to lose 200 lbs. It’s going to be a journey, but it is one I am really ready to take.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm here :drinker:

it seems that not a lot of people post here.

dont feel self conscious. if people are looking at you then so what, dont let that be an excuse to not get healthy and not reach your goals.

if you dont want to join the gym (OMG living right above the gym?! that's so cool) then start by walking around your hood and working out at home.

good luck!
  • ymeckhart
    ymeckhart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was very happy to see a Plus size group here. I need some accountability myself. Today is my first day and I'm going to do my darndest to get on here each day.
    You gals will be my accountability. Right now I'm 241 lbs. I'm hoping to drop at least 1 1/2 pounds a week or at least 5 lbs a month.
    Girls, I'm hoping we can be each others accountability.
    I totally understand about the gym. I could have one next door to me and I probably wouldn't go all the people who go to the gym already look hot and give me the chills. They're wearing clothes that make them look like I'm three times bigger. I totally, totally understand.
    Girls, there's this one site a dear friend told me about and it's free. It's fitnessblender.com

They have low impact also you just have to find it. I do at least 10 min. everyday. Let's do it together.

Hope to converse with you all again soon and have a great, great rest of the weekend!