introductions

Options
hathor1943
hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
Hi,
My name is Elaine and I am in Oklahoma. I had the RNY on December 30, 2009 and have lost 152 pounds. It is the best thing I have done for myself. I feel great and no longer use a walker, cane or sleep apnea machine with oxygen. I am going to be 70 in February and can say I doubt if I would still be here if it wasn't for the surgery. I was as low as 154 but since retiring, I have put on 6 pounds and am trying to get it off as I started emotional eating which got me in trouble last time. I like the food and exercise logs as they make me aware of how much I am putting in my mouth. I need moral support to help stop this bad habit of consoling myself with food. I never want to go back to being heavy and I know getting this under control now with only a few pounds is better than trying to lose a lot of weight.

Replies

• CHC94
    CHC94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Elaine! And a big hello to everyone else here! I'm Kim and I live on the East Coast. I'm having surgery on August 5th, and I am excited about it. I had started looking into gastric bypass since I wasn't losing weight any other way; I would exercise and GAIN weight. I already eat a very healthy diet, thanks to my mom having CHF in 2001. I eat the 'heart-healthy' diet - lots of veggies, skinless chicken, nothing fried, olive oil, etc. I also have Hashimoto's Disease and that is what is keeping the scale from dropping.

Right now, I weigh about 300-something, and my body is in PAIN. Ankles, feet, knees hurt and my back hurts if I stand too long without moving. So I do little dance steps at the copier in the office. If I sit too long at my desk, my foot falls asleep, and if I don't take the hint and start walking, the whole leg takes a nap.

I used to figure skate, teach and take dance classes, and now the most comfortable position for me is curled up in my bed. I need to change that. I miss walking the length of a mall for fun.

I'll visit here a lot looking for ideas for food and protein drinks... and I share. :-)