chatty chic group

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
I like to chat and get to know all of you a lot better/

Name...........................Calicat======Marie

age............................ 81 soon to be 82

Where raise................Dallas County

Wher I live now...........Dallas county.

How long a MFP.......... Over 4 years Join Dec 2008

Children ....... ............ 2 girls and one boy

grand children........ wow Thats a tough one..lets see 6 grandkids, 4 great grand kids and one great great gransson another great grand on the way.

A very loveable hubby Jerry and one Jack russell name Sammie

My mobility. I uess you would say old age. I do have a hard time walking and doin cookin, house work My husban soes most of it. I used a walker and have a electric wheelchair but don;t used it much. I like the ones at the grocer stores that have a basket.

But I can't complain I have had a very wonderful life till the last 3 or 4 years.

Marie :heart: :heart:

Replies

• nctgreene
    nctgreene Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Marie, My name is Nancy and I love to chat too! I am 61 and had Polio when I was 3. I am divorced and have two daughters and two grandsons who are the light of my life (and maybe the death of me, LOL). I live in North Carolina. I walk in leg braces and have a hard time doing a lot of exercises. Yesterday I went with my daughter to Walmart (big mistake) and walked pushing a shopping cart for 4 hrs! I was done in. Today I am going to clean my church. It is small but it wears me out. I have some hand weights that I am using now but I can't do things like leg lifts or twisting exercises because of my back and hip. After all is said and done and am truly blessed.

Have a blessed day,
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy how sweet to hear from you. You walk for 4 hours in Walmart. Wow I could not do that. even with a grocer cart. I made it in an hour wednesday. because no electric chair was available. I was glad they had benches place thru out the store.

I am a diabetic, congested heart failure. kidneys problem bad back.and hips. just an old hag. here. I have really bad eyes too and so hard to read what i post so will have lots of typos plus the fact I am a bad speller.

I am trying to learn how to eat gluten free. I just sent my husband to the store to get me som joy Baking spray to make some Pecan poe muffins I made som coconut pie muffin the other day and they were good Gluten free. I will be using plain flour for these for I plan on making some for christmas gifts later on. Just want to see how they work out.

You sound like you stay pretty busy.

Marie:heart::heart:
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    UGH.....you both inspire me.I bow before you.!!!

I hope to be as blessed when I get "there".

Sometimes I doubt it......Ive been so busted up over the years. There is nary a bone or joint that has been broken (severe childhood abuse) or replaced (efforts to fix same) I do still work full time as an Investigator...in an office THANK GOD. But the pain is crazy wild....I take massive pain meds just to function daily. I HATE IT..but the fact that I can still work and get around is what keeps me going.

Id spent so much time restricted and the inactivity over the years has obviously caused the weight gain and the huge trouble getting rid of it. UGH But Im trying my best now and Im confident that I can make it happen but its harder than it should be because of the pain and past injuries.

I believe we CAN do this and with the support of one another may be able to make it more fun. Im open to the challenge and will of course do my best to support everyone. All I ask is dont judge me.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello there restybaby/ So glad you dropped in to chat with us. And so sorry that you were abuse: in your childhood. That you are still suffering with such pain. We all need to get out there and move it move it. and eat a healty life. Some time it is hard when you don't feel like doing it But We got to give it all we can.
    Let me hear some positive thoughts from you gals tomorrow and I will do the same. You all have already brighten my day.
    I play a lot of bingo on the internet. Need to used that time to be as active as I can.

God bless you both.

• nctgreene
    Options
    Resty........ so sorry for what you went through but I admire how you have moved on. My oldest daughter was not physically abused but she was sexually abused. She has had a hard time all of her life trying to get past it. But she pushes on as you do and tries to stay busy. I love all your post about your pets and figuring things out on your computer. I'm still trying to figure mine out and I've had it for years.

Marie........ it's so good to read your post. My daughter is gluten intolerant and I learned a lot from her. I will find out which internet site she uses that has been so helpful to her. Oh, by the way if you are using regular flour to make those muffins it is not gluten free. But of course since you are making them for Christmas gifts you might not want them to be gluten free.

Have a great night ladies,
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy, I am not a full bloom gluten free yet. I am just testing it out But my first baatch i use coconut insstead of pecans and did ussed King arthur glutteen free flour. They seems kind of heavy but i like them . good with my coffee in the morniing. So I am wantin to know hor regular flour would be to ive as gifts. I am not gluten intolerant as far as I know. But my BM movement are much better now. and thats a relief.
    I will be delighted to be your friend.
    i did have rather nice day the weather was just perfect. I love fall.

Good night all.

889323f1ywrlz1a3.gif
  • Restybaby2012
    Options
    Name...........................Calicat======Marie

age............................ 81 soon to be 82

Where raise................Dallas County

Where I live --Madison WI.

How long a MFP.......... Over 3 months

Children ....... ............ 2 girls and one boy (g32...b31..g29)

grand children.......3 boys.......Kourdel is 11, Keaton is 6 (my oldest daughters kids, and Max 9 months...he's the first born of my son.

Ive been separated since 2001 and divorced in 2003. I have a big gentle loving Bear of a fiance' who takes dynamite care of me and Killer.

This is Killer
    100_0112.jpg

I work as an Investigator and have been for 14 years now. It's a job I love dearly.

ya know what.........I cant do this now. I'll try and finish in the morning. Have a great night. My pain level is so through the roof I cant even think straight
  • nctgreene
    Options
    Resty..........Hope you are feeling better. As I posted earlier I will be praying for you. I hope you don't mind. Are you able to share your first name? It just makes things more personal I think. If not, that's ok.

Marie...........Glad being gluten free helps your BM. I tried it but it did not help me for that. I took Alli several years ago and I haven't been right since. I'm not sure about regular flour because unfortunately I am not much of a cook. That's why if you see my log I eat a lot of frozen or easy dishes.

I am at my mother's since last night and when I weigh on her scale it shows I may have lost a lb. Her scale weigjs different from mine so I don't really know. I share my mothers care with my sister so I stay half the week here. I also cared for my father until
    his passing in February this year. That was and still is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I keep waiting on it to get better.

Blessings,
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy sorry about you losing your father.

RestyGood hearing from you again.

my day today. I play bingo on the internet again today. We had a nice showerthis afternoon.
    my eats today. rice kristy with 2% milk and slice banana for breakfast
    For lunch I hass 2 chicken tostater
    Mid afternoon an apple
    Dinner..... another bowl of cereal. rice kristies. Did not feel like cookin anything.
    Last night My husband made butter noodles to go with crock pot chicken and I ate some it was not gluten free and I did suffer from it this morning. But feeling better now..

My Daughter is coming out tomorrow Don't know where we will go out to eat.I like to eat at Cheddards. I think I can fine some oood gluten free food there. Like there pinto beans and rice and plenty of Veggies and salad.

To you both sweet dreams and see you tomorrow
    2530381yxr1xeyyxu.gif

• Restybaby2012
    Options
    Name...........................Resty

age............................ 181 soon to be 182

Where raise................Wood County, WI

Where I live --Madison WI.

How long a MFP.......... Over 3 months

Children ....... ............ 2 girls and one boy (g32...b31..g29)

grand children.......3 boys.......Kourdel is 11, Keaton is 6 (my oldest daughters kids, and Max 9 months...he's the first born of my son.

Ive been separated since 2001 and divorced in 2003. I have a big gentle loving Bear of a fiance' who takes dynamite care of me and Killer.

This is Killer
    100_0112.jpg

I work as an Investigator and have been for 14 years now. It's a job I love dearly.

ya know what.........I cant do this now. I'll try and finish in the morning. Have a great night. My pain level is so through the roof I cant even think straight

This original post didnt copy and paste the way it should have thanks to the system trouble the last couple days. MY apologies.

Now that I look like an absolute eeediot..................
  • nctgreene
    Options
    Marie, we are getting a Cheddars here. What all do serve? I thought that it would be another place I would have to get a salad.

Resty, hope you rested well last and feel more refreshed.

Have a wonderful day ladies.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    nancy i love there food. I get the veggie plate with pinto beans and rice, brocolli, carrots and another veggies plus a salad with a cresnt roll with icing. I will have to skip that now. Or give it to my daughter.
    ot to run now. Love Marie

Hi pesty
  • nctgreene
    Options
    That sounds great. I love pintos and cornbread (you can tell I'm from the south). Can't wait until they open.

Blessings,
    Nancy
  • Restybaby2012
    Options
    I got nothing to offer lately...

Im exhausted and stressed not to mention tired beyond belief. 90 minutes of sleep a night is just not enough....not even for me. My head is roaring, my arms burn something fierce and Ive got a mach 10 frog pukin headache that just wont go away.

Hope this finds the rest of ya doing good.

Sorry
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Resty I just now notice I call you pesty rest assure that was really a typo error.Sorry. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    i am staying on my plan real good.the last few days. And I too have been having a rotten headache too and I never have them much But the drops my eye doctor gave me is making my eyes burn and. hurt. I go back to see him nest Monday. hoping he can get me new glasses so I can see what I tyoe.

Cold weather is ariving here tomorrow night. It is going to feel so good. i simply love fall and all the nice soups stews and chili

Nancy i have never seen any cornbread the at cheddar's ut i really never look or ask for it. i just been eating those darling little rolls they bring out with your Salad. And I did give Alice....My daugther. mine

I have been Posting on The Senior Golden Sneakers groups since 2008. I founded that group when I first join MFP. We really have some niceSseniors there. If any one would like to join us be my guest. I turn it over Sandy a ffew years ago and she has been maintaining us like a regular little trooper.We are a very happy group. if interested let me know.

Marie
    Member of the Golden Sneakers 2012 group

1555806l9vcrlkebw.gif.