Makeovers...and still good too 10/20!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Share with everyone (so we can challenge ourselves to eat better) something that is decadent to eat but you made it either healthier or just plain less calories! This may help other see how to change or adapt eating so can have their cake and eat it too so to speak.

I like making my own pizza adding extra veggies and using wheat crust. Instead of ice cream milk shakes I use yogurt but still use tasty ingredients to make it taste like a shake! I oven "fry" some fish or bake my french fries.
I have not done this in a long time but I used to make a 'double' cheese burger with the Morning Star burgers bc less calories then beef!
How can you make a fast food better or a recipe less calories??

I can't wait to see what ya'll do!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Burgers. Juicy burgers with cheese and bacon and a fried egg! I use ground turkey and turkey bacon instead now. I use fat free/0 calorie non stick spray for the egg and low fat cheese. I also add sliced red bell peppers to give it extra tasty crunches!
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Burgers. Juicy burgers with cheese and bacon and a fried egg! I use ground turkey and turkey bacon instead now. I use fat free/0 calorie non stick spray for the egg and low fat cheese. I also add sliced red bell peppers to give it extra tasty crunches!

Maybe just a fried egg white instead of with the yoke?
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Best eggs:
    2-3 whites
    1/2-1 yolk

I don't know why. They taste better than just straight up eggs.
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ate spaghetti last night, but used herbed spaghetti squash. Herbed spaghetti squash recipe can be found on myrecipes.com. Using the squash helped me from going too far over my calorie count yesterday.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I eat spaghetti squash too!!!!!!! It helps me a lot! Saved me many a times! I love eggs so I often add extra whites to make it seem like I got more! I love the burger idea. Really really good!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have not changed my recipes yet. I had my boys cook tonight. I had them make Two Cheesy Turkey Broccoli Bowl. The following recipe will make six servings.

1 pound of all white ground turkey (I have used it twice this week and love the taste)
    2 cups finely shredded colby jack cheese (1 cup would have been plenty)
    12 ounces of 2% milk
    1 can campbell's cream of broccoli condensed soup
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    pepper
    season and brown turkey
    add other ingredients bring to boil
    simmer for 15 minutes on low
    We put it over butter and chive potatoes and topped it off with steamed broccoli

At Wendy's today I opted for the garden salad instead of fries and wild berry tea instead of pop
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. :smile: I joined the group today. I really like the idea of a daily challenge.

For a sweet treat: I tried the Black Bean Brownies today (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/403657-black-bean-brownies?hl=black+bean+brownies&page=1#posts-11370669). They are very fudge-y, which is a good thing in my book. :)