What helps you heal?

Options
It has only been a few weeks since I lost my baby and I am....lost? I don't know how to describe it. I've lost loved ones many times before but this grieving process isn't "normal" if there is such a thing. Sometimes I'm fine, other times I'm overwhelmed by the sadness, anger and guilt. This loss has brought me closer to God, strengthening my faith, but I can't help but feel like I'm not healing or I'm not handling it like I need to.

Only my spouse, parents, and in-laws know & I'm keeping a lot bottled inside. Did any of you feel better after you told people? What other things have you all done to help the healing? I wanted to get a tattoo in memory of my baby. I've even thought about having a memorial stone made to put in our garden and even thought about having a "funeral" of some kind. I think thats the hardest part...not getting that time to say goodbye.

I am so sorry that you all have gone thru this as well! My heart breaks for each of you and you all are in my prayers. I am hoping having others who have gone thru this as well to talk to will help.

Replies

• mwunsch
    mwunsch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's been 4 and a half months since my daughter was born, and she passed away 22 hours later. It sounds like my situation was a little different and I was less isolated because so many people knew that I was pregnant (my daughter was born full term), and therefore grieved with me. I think that having a memorial is a beautiful idea, it can be anything you want. You can invite only those people who are close to you and who support you and you can even have it outside in nature. Acknowledging your love for your baby, no matter how long their time was in this world or in the womb is I think a very important part of the grieving process. Not speaking about my daughter is one of the things that would make this immensely harder for me, and I can only imagine the isolation you might feel at times. Like you, I have a stronger relationship to God because of this hard time in my life. I know that my daughter is with Jesus, and that one day I will be too. Hugs to you on this journey!