2013 70.3 recommendations in New England/East Coast?

Options
_Sally_
_Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
The half Ironman triathlon I had targeted for 2013 has been cancelled. (Amica Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island). I live in Boston and Providence Rhode Island is less than 45 minute drive, so I'm pretty dissapointed.

I'm just getting back into triathlons and wanted to target a 70.3 in my area for 2013 (and maybe even a full ironman... thinking about Tempe Nov 2013).

Anyone have any recommendations for a 70.3 that is good for first timers, within driving distance of Boston? (I'm thinking 3 - 5 hours, max).

Thanks!

Replies

• Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on trying to find a close race, Racine WI is within an hour for me and I am planning on doing that next july, Full Ironman I 'm planning on cozumel 2013 ... now If I could just run again without pain, I'd feel more ready. Good luck finding a race near you.
    Connie
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    The half Ironman triathlon I had targeted for 2013 has been cancelled. (Amica Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island). I live in Boston and Providence Rhode Island is less than 45 minute drive, so I'm pretty dissapointed.

I'm just getting back into triathlons and wanted to target a 70.3 in my area for 2013 (and maybe even a full ironman... thinking about Tempe Nov 2013).

Anyone have any recommendations for a 70.3 that is good for first timers, within driving distance of Boston? (I'm thinking 3 - 5 hours, max).

Thanks!

Rev3 Quassy close enough? Patriot is good as is Timberman in NH.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options

Thanks, Scott!! All these races are great options and Patriot looks to be exactly what I was hoping for... an hour drive and relatively flat bike course. I'm now registered for the Patriot Half for 2013! I'm so excited :happy:
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Thanks, Scott!! All these races are great options and Patriot looks to be exactly what I was hoping for... an hour drive and relatively flat bike course. I'm now registered for the Patriot Half for 2013! I'm so excited :happy:

No problem. My coach is in CT so I hear a lot about races in the area. Have a few buddies that love Patriot because they can hammer out the bike and still run. Silly cyclists turned triathletes, never know how to pace a bike correctly.