Newbie on board!

Options
Hey everyone

Well I started my weight loss journey about 4 years ago when I weighed in at my heaviest - 17 stone 6lbs!!

I managed to get to 14 stone 6lbs on my own with a change to my eating habits and a slight increase in my exercise which before that was virtually zero! I then stuck and was getting used to the weight I was and not challenging myself to get it shifted.

In May this year I decided enough was enough and I wanted to get to 12 stone (a total pipe dream). I had a complete overhaul of my diet, stopped eating bread, no fizzy juice, joined the green tea brigade and joined the gym and became a gym bunny!

At the end of September this year I weighed in a 11 stone 13lbs - hooray I blasted that 12 stone goal which I never even thought was possible!!!

I have decided however that I want to keep going, I have come this far why not really see what I can do but in a healthy way. I have a charity ball in March 2013 so want to get to 11 stone 7lbs if I can by then so am currently on that journey.

Look forward to chatting to other likeminded folks, I have a wee boy who is 7 so he helps me keep active!

Sarah
x :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello
    This site can be really useful. I am about to go under the 12 st barrier in a week or so and it has been great to use mfp to track what I am eating and my level of exercise (ha ha). I have just started the NHS C25K plan and am finding that very motivating too. If you want to add me as a friend please do. The friends function is a bit like facebook and helps too.
    J.
  • Sazzle_1979
    Sazzle_1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for replying. Yes all help welcomed so will add you as a friend if you dont mind, new to this site and how it all works!

Sarah