coffee & isagenix

Options
jjuice11
jjuice11 Posts: 6 Member
Isagenix is very clear that caffeine while cleansing is NOT recommended, and I get that. Just wondering if any of you have coffee (1 black organic cup)on your shake days?

Replies

• Jstockdick
    Options
    No, I don't. I do however have Tazo Tea-Wild Sweet Orange Herbal Tea and it's calorie & caffeine free.
  • persistent33
    Options
    i haven't had coffee since i started back in august and i still miss it!

although my coffee was a vente with 3 pumps sugar free mocha and 5 pumps sf caramel so it doesn't look like i will be going back to that.

i've got to find some kind of replacement with that warm chocolatey feel. i miss it during movies and good tivoed shows :).
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I used to WANT coffee and when I say coffee, I mean BLACK, STRONG, RICH, DARK ROAST coffee that is freshly ground and French Pressed!! I'm tellin' ya, I have absolutely NO DESIRE for it anymore! I don't hate it, I don't love it, I'm indifferent!! FINALLY I'm pH balanced!! woohooo!!! Herbal tea never used to "do it" for me, but now... I have a cup or two of organic peppermint tea, now and again and it satisfies that need for a hot drink! I have NO MORE CRAVINGS for anything!!! Well, except maybe my homemade organic salsa!! lol!!! That stuff is YUM!!!

I LOVE Isagenix!!!
  • MJTBQ
    MJTBQ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I believe in moderation. If you are on the cleanse challenge I would recommend the cleanse with hot water or find tea. But I have my french pressed whole bean 1/2 french roast 1/2 buzz free decaf whole foods with 1/4 cup whole milk & 2 tsps of sugar in the raw only on the weekends with my fiance, or when I'm really in the mood.

But it is NOT recommended if you are doing the 9 day or 30 day cleanse. No deviations and if you do, get back on track. I just use the product as part of my life and have not done either I found it too challenging, but found using the products daily help me feel better, and is helping me lose weight. I gained weight when I stopped my isagenix for a bit as I was moving and had some real life challenges and let myself go so to say.
  • sammi_k929
    sammi_k929 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE coffee addict, but sine starting Isagenix I have not wanted it in the least....just a bonus I guess! I have been having a glass of iced tea once per week though on a shake day and that seems to be fine.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    IF you're going to drink coffee, make it organic! I don't see anything wrong with a cup once in awhile!! Kjersti Cote (the formulator and founder-John Anderson's daughter) says the same thing! Not that you should develop the habit again, cuz it makes your body acidic, and disease LOVES to grow in an acidic body! However, once in awhile is fine. Just remember to drink more water on the days that you have it! Green tea might be an alternative for you!
  • tracysherriff
    Options
    Since beginning Isagenix two months ago I no longer crave coffee or tea. I will have one occasionally at social gatherings but not always. I was a serious coffee drinker and former tea toadler for years. I do like my ionix supreme as a warm tea. Perhaps if you get a craving for that coffee or tea try your ionix as a warm tea instead. It might just be the temperature your craving.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of the 30 Day Cleanse. I used to have one coffee a day - more of a ritual than anything else. I don't miss it for the caffeine, but I used to love my morning misto and how warm it used to make me feel (especially in this dreadfully cold weather). So I miss that. I try to subside the cravings with hot water and lemon...it sort of does the trick. Sort of.
  • hzleyez81
    hzleyez81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Before starting Isagenix, I had decided I wanted to give up coffee and kick my caffeine addiction. Isagenix definitely helped me to finally achieve that goal! I don't know if I'll ever drink coffee again. I honestly don't really care at this point. If I feel real tired, I'll drink Want More Energy, or I'll use my Energy Bits :)