What happened to the caregivers?

Options
I miss hearing from you guys. I guess either you've given up or you are too busy or too sad to log in. I think about all of you often. You are all in my prayers.

Lynn

Replies

• terryanne1
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't even remember the last time I commented. It's been a rough last 6mths. My friend Pat, of whom I've written, passed away in November after a year long battle with pancreatic cancer. Losing her is tough enough but then my dad got sick at the beginning of December and spent the month in hospiatl and passed away on Dec 28. Needless to say, logging in to track food and exercise has been the last thing that I've wanted to do.
    I'm so sorry Mari, to read that you lost your mom in Sept. I hope that time has helped you to start to heal. It's so hard because you feel alone - I do anyway.
    I hope that 2013 brings all of us some peace and happiness.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I haven't used the site in a long time and am just now coming back. Being a care giver has changed my life, routine, etc. so much that I've put all my weight and more back on. I am going to try to start again today with doing better. Taking care of someone else is stressful and I've just not made time for myself this past year.

I hope you all are taking care of yourselves. Have a good day.
  • bilbosgirl
    Options
    Still here .... wasn't taking time to log in every day but now that i'm getting back in that habit the weight is starting to come back off again...
    I find that the long hours while my husband naps are hard for me to not SNACK! I am drinking a lot of decaf coffee and tea and trying to stay busy - how do you all do it?
  • logcabin165
    logcabin165 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new to MFP. Longtime WW member/receptionist. I've been caregiver to my hubby for 4years, post massive stroke. Paralysis, and speech deficit. I gained 20lbs when it happened. After 3 years, finally came to terms w/his disability, and my weight. Finally have that 20 off, and now would like to drop a few more. Just looking for online support as he doesn't speak much, so really have no conversation with anyone other than my computer. Yes, I have friends, and we have a daughter that lives 3 hours away, and comes every 5-6 wks or so to help with chores, and give me a break. Life isn't fun. We certainly know that caregiving isn't for sissies. Hugs to all of you.