A Fifth House At Hogwarts...

Options
Ro0kin
Ro0kin Posts: 34 Member
I had a dream that there was a new house at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Everyone who is a fan of Harry Potter knows that Hogwarts is divided into four houses, each bearing the last name of its founder: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. The students of each house are chosen based on the values of the house. Gryffindor values bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry. Ravenclaw values intelligence, knowledge, and wit. Hufflepuff values hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play and Slytherin house values ambition, cunning and resourcefulness. New students would be put into these houses by the Sorting Hat who can detect these traits.

However the Sorting Hat has made errors in the past, and can sometimes be persuaded by the student to be placed in another house and this is where my dream starts. It was because of these mistakes that the new house was created. A fifth house.

sortinghat.jpg

Every year during the sorting ceremony those students who disagreed with the sorting hat would be placed in this new house. It was also the one time of the year that current students who wanted to change house could, but they could only move to this new house. The fifth house was mainly made up of misfits, rebels and trouble makers. Most of these students had left their original house due to fights or bullying.

In my dream I was a student at Hogwarts and a prefect of the new house. It was after the sorting ceremony and I told the students to line up in order of height so they could collect their new robes and the black and grey tie for the house. I rang a bell for the head of house who was Miss Hardbroom (from ‘The Worst Witch’ books). She had transferred from Miss Cackle’s Academy for Witches especially for this new post as she was known for being very strict, and striking fear into pupils hearts. She walked up and down the line like a drill instructor, making the students aware that she was not someone to be messed with. After she had put them in their place she instructed me to show the students to their new dorms and common room. I took the students on a tour of their new rooms and layed down the house rules, after everyone had settled I then took the chance to take a tour of hogwarts. I then spent the rest of the dream exploring the castle. It was amazing…

The only thing I couldn’t remember when I woke up was what the fifth house was called? Oh well.

Replies