YOU are the APPLE of my eye! 10/23

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey! Did you know this is apple season?! I love apples...my favorites are Fuji, Ginger Gold, Jonathan and Honey Crisp.. What is yours?

Challenge: What can you do with an apple today?!
Hit me back.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm eating an apple with some peanut butter for lunch. I'm also going to fix some homemade apple chips later tonight.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love granny smith and fuji.....

I cut up half a small fuji apple, eat half and put the other half in my cup (I have a 16oz cup w/ straw) then add 1 cinnamon stick to my cup, top off with ice and water, let settle for about 10 minutes so flavor will release in the water. Drink and continue to fill with ice and water through out the day as needed. yummy zero calorie apple cinnamon water that helps boost your metabolism... I fill the cup up first thing in the morning and throw the apple and cinnamon stick away right before bed time.
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I cut up half a small fuji apple, eat half and put the other half in my cup (I have a 16oz cup w/ straw) then add 1 cinnamon stick to my cup, top off with ice and water, let settle for about 10 minutes so flavor will release in the water. Drink and continue to fill with ice and water through out the day as needed.

What a great idea!!! I love infusing my water and have yet to try this! Thanks for the idea :)

My favs are red delicious, granny smith, fuji and gala (Most of them really). I like to throw them in a chicken salad with some bacon and pecans!
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Gala apples! I love them! I like to just slice them up nice and thin and enjoy slowly!
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :smile: Any apple for me, today apple and peanut butter for snack...yumm
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love apples!

Gala are my favorite (mostly because they are the cheapest around here)

I'll be having one before my workout tonight.

Yumm!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Try the Pink Lady apple it is a wonderful mixture of sweet and tart. It is a medium hard apple and it is beautiful! It is mostly pink with yellow splashed throughout. It is typically medium to large in size. I have used it in pies, delicious! These beauts are hard to find but this time of year you should get lucky.

As for picking my favorite it would be easier to tell you which ONE I do not like and that is red delicious. I do not think delicious should be in its title.

I will have to try the infused water idea. Can you make whole pitcher of it for lets say a party?
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe I am going to try for my Princess House party Friday.

Apple Cinnamon Quesadilla
    2 tsp. sugar
    2½ tsp. Princess House® All-Natural Cinnamon Spice Blend, divided
    ¼ cup reduced-fat cream cheese spread
    1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
    2 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
    ½ apple (about ½ cup), sliced with Princess House® Specialty Apple Slicer
    Princess House® Specialty Stainless Steel Oil Mister with Princess House® All-Natural Pure Grapeseed Oil (or oil of your choice)
    Princess Heritage® Stainless Steel Classic or Nonstick 13" Round Griddle
    In a small bowl, mix sugar with 2 tsp. blend; set aside. In another small bowl, mix cream cheese spread, brown sugar and ½ tsp. blend. Spread cream cheese mixture over tortillas. Place apple slices on cream cheese mixture on one tortilla. Top with remaining tortilla, cheese side down. Spray both sides of quesadilla with oil; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Heat griddle over medium heat. Cook quesadilla in griddle 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is brown and crisp; turn. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from griddle and cut into 8 wedges. Serves 4.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    This morning I ate tart green apple slices with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge.
    (And I like apples and peanut butter, too.)

I'll have to try more varieties. I always seem stick to the same apple--I must be missing a world of goodness. :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Beatrixia...if you only knew...I have eaten some apples so good it tastes like you are drinking cider or eating a Now-o-Later!!

I had a Jonathan this am with trail mix...mmmm. I could eat two a day how much I like apples but I try to control self. I am going to make a butternut squash soup that has apple in it!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    McIntosh, had as my morning snack, plain.

Was thinking of making caramel apples but decided not to after looking at the ingredients for homemade caramel.
    I had a Jonathan this am with trail mix...mmmm. I could eat two a day how much I like apples but I try to control self. I am going to make a butternut squash soup that has apple in it!
    Does the apple change the taste of the soup? Like make it sweeter? I have made soup without the apple but wasn't sure what adding it would do.
  • ChrissyAnne1959
    ChrissyAnne1959 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp are my favorites but I just love apples. I'm going to be dehydrating some apples hopefully today.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Monday was a honeycrisp, today is a SweeTango, a new variety for me. i am a baker, so apple cobbler and apple pie is what i do, i like to keep it simple...but i really just love to try new varieties of apples!!!
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    I posted yesterday that I would fix apple chips last night. I ended up not doing this. My mom fixed apple crisp last night. Here are the ingredients....

Gala - Gala Apple, 2 Medium apples
    Meijer - Quick Cooking Oats, 0.33 cup
    Butter - Unsalted, 2 tbsp
    Honey, 1 tbsp
    Generic - Allspice, 0.5 tsp
    Nuts - Pecans, 0.13 cup, chopped
    Sugars - Brown, 0.13 cup

I'll get my mom to post the instructions later. Sorry...
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    Here's a recipe I am going to try for my Princess House party Friday.

Apple Cinnamon Quesadilla
    2 tsp. sugar
    2½ tsp. Princess House® All-Natural Cinnamon Spice Blend, divided
    ¼ cup reduced-fat cream cheese spread
    1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
    2 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
    ½ apple (about ½ cup), sliced with Princess House® Specialty Apple Slicer
    Princess House® Specialty Stainless Steel Oil Mister with Princess House® All-Natural Pure Grapeseed Oil (or oil of your choice)
    Princess Heritage® Stainless Steel Classic or Nonstick 13" Round Griddle
    In a small bowl, mix sugar with 2 tsp. blend; set aside. In another small bowl, mix cream cheese spread, brown sugar and ½ tsp. blend. Spread cream cheese mixture over tortillas. Place apple slices on cream cheese mixture on one tortilla. Top with remaining tortilla, cheese side down. Spray both sides of quesadilla with oil; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Heat griddle over medium heat. Cook quesadilla in griddle 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is brown and crisp; turn. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from griddle and cut into 8 wedges. Serves 4.

I am definitely going to have to try this. :)