Week 7 (10/24 - 10/23) Mini-Challenges

Options
Hello everyone!

We are more than ½ way through the 10 Week Trim Challenge. Wow, time flies when you’re working your butt off doesn’t it?

I decided to turn the fitness challenge up a notch or two this week. I am currently doing the strength training program in the New Rules of Lifting for Women book. I just started Stage 5. Those of you familiar with this program know what is required of you during Workout A in stage 3 and 5 and that’s the Body Weight Matrix. Dun dun dun! This piece of the workout kills me but I love it. The body weight matrix is this…

Hold your arms behind your head and do…
24 squats
12 lunges (each leg for a total of 24)
12 lunge jumps (each leg for a total of 24)
24 squat jumps

As you can imagine, this is a killer. I challenge you to do this at least 3 times during the next week. Time yourself and try to beat your previous time.

For the food challenge this week, I’d like to bring your attention to your daily fiber intake. According to this article on WebMD, http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/fiber-how-much-do-you-need, “women need 25 grams per day and men should get 38 grams per day”. What’s your daily fiber goal on MFP? Can you reach this daily? What are your favorite ways of getting the necessary amounts of fiber into your day? Share with us here. Two great ways I’ve found of helping me get my daily fiber is through fresh raspberries (8 grams per cup) and Quest Chocolate Brownie protein bars (19 grams per bar).

I hope everyone has a great week. Don’t forget to log this week’s weight into the weigh-in spreadsheet.

Replies

• lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ouch...my legs are already hurting :)...seriously...great challenges :)!
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    Good challenges!!

I just started stage 1 New Rules of Lifting for Women this week. So if I keep doing this challenge then by week 3 and 5 it should be much easier for me!!

For fiber....I always check labels before I buy about how much fiber is in that item. Most days I meet the 25gr/day and/or go over that.
    Two good food items are Fiber One Bran Cereal (14gms) and I put a cup of strawberries on it too, which adds more fiber. Then another one is Flatbread-light (9gms).

Thanks for your continued dedication to us!!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and attempt the exercise challenge. Almost done with month 1 of Insanity, but this challenge may help for month 2. Usually pretty good on fiber. I love veggies. Also, just tried truly grain omega 3 tortillas and love them. There's 5g per tortilla. Big fan of the Kashi go lean cereals, Bobs Red Mill 10 grain hot cereal, or putting berries, spinach, and kale in my protein shakes.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions for fiber y'all! Thanks!

Who has done the body weight matrix? I did it and my time was 4:20. What has your time been so far?