Cincinnati Flying Pig - 2013

Options
vendygirl
vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
So what Ohio folks are just as crazy as I am and are already signed up for the 15th Annual Flying Pig?! I walk the Half Marathon. The full Marathon is not something I really want to attempt.

I am determined to beat my best time of 3:31 this year!

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'll do this with you!
  • vendygirl
    Options
    If you sign up now it is cheaper. The price goes up Oct 31st. That would rock Bee!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it.
  • vendygirl
    Options
    Awesome! And if you need a place to crash while in town I have a spare bedroom.
  • dValkyrie
    dValkyrie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Looks cool!
  • vendygirl
    Options
    There is an event for everyone, 5k, 10k, 13.1 miles, 26.2 or even run relay on a team! They also have kids races as well.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the full. Running the mason half marathon in three weeks and running the heart mini marathon in March.
  • vendygirl
    Options
    I'm doing the full. Running the mason half marathon in three weeks and running the heart mini marathon in March.

I hear the Mini Heart is a quite hilly. My friend ran it last year.

Granted they throw a few hills in at you on the Marathon (eden park hill is a killer on the Pig course)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I did the 5k this year. It was my first race and a lot of fun. Not sure yet if I'm going to do it next year.

There was a guy in the 5k that was running for charity. He did the 5k, 10k, and the full. It was crazy.
  • joehempel
    Options

I hear the Mini Heart is a quite hilly. My friend ran it last year.

Granted they throw a few hills in at you on the Marathon (eden park hill is a killer on the Pig course)

Yes. I did the 5k last year (overslept for the half :/). Its hilly no doubt!! Can't wait till my races these next year
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I was looking into this 1/2 Marathon but didn't know anyone who ran it before. Deciding between this one and the Cap City 1/2 on the same day. Any suggestions?
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing the 5k (at a jog) for it; I've never actually done a half marathon though so thats tempting... and even more so at a walk lol. Don't think I'd be ready to try and jog one of those anytime soon.
  • joehempel
    Options
    I thought about doing the 5k (at a jog) for it; I've never actually done a half marathon though so thats tempting... and even more so at a walk lol. Don't think I'd be ready to try and jog one of those anytime soon.

you can do it.....it's still far enough away that if you start training even in January you should be able to do it!
  • hoskibn
    Options
    I am trying to convince myself to run the Half, getting pretty close to pulling the trigger.
  • vendygirl
    Options
    I was looking into this 1/2 Marathon but didn't know anyone who ran it before. Deciding between this one and the Cap City 1/2 on the same day. Any suggestions?

Look at the courses and see which on might fit you better. The Pig here in town is a bit hilly so it is a rough one. No idea what the Cap City one is like. Once you get up the hill in the Pig though it literally is all down hill from there!
  • vendygirl
    Options
    I am trying to convince myself to run the Half, getting pretty close to pulling the trigger.

Pull the trigger! Come on you know you want too. Besides if you can't run the whole thing you can run/walk it and still have a decent time.
  • RubyRed76
    RubyRed76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I walked the 10k last year and at the time told myself I'd sign up to walk the half marathon in 2013. Now I'm not so sure... hmm. That's a lot of walking, although there's plenty of time to train!

I really do need to sign up for SOMETHING, though - I'm already mad at myself for missing the best discount.