First Month Last Week Mental Block

Options
So this is the last week of my first month. Did anyone else feel like they were not loosing weight and just exhausted the last week of this first month? I was reading about month two and I am fearing for my life if I feel this exhausted now there will be no hope for month two. Please tell me the recovery week will help...just 4 days away from the recovery week!

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You need to eat well...carbs and protein. Insanity ask a lot of your body. Need lots of ENERGY food!
    I was exhausted first but I modified my food and I was fine after and lost many pounds and inches.

The recovery week helps on the cardio part but it's hard on the legs and shoulders.

Month two is something else.... It's pretty hard and an hour long (each)

Hang on, you can do it...
  • jordangel10
    Options
    So I'm doing a 1,200 calorie diet. Think that might not be enough? I just want to try and up the process a bit. I only weigh myself every two weeks, so hopefully on Monday the scales show something different than what I feel.
  • Moshebelle1
    Options
    I am in the last week of my first month as well and have lost about 6lbs, but I've heard from many people doing Insanity that they didn't start losing until the second month. In the first month your body is retaining water because of the crazy workouts and also building muscle. I'm sure you are losing inches but if you aren't seeing any weight come off the advice I've heard over and over again is to up your calories. I've struggled with doing this but I did go from 1200 to 1400 calories a day and am seeing more pounds come off in the last two weeks. You need the enerygy, especially protein! It will definitely help you to get through the second month workouts as well. Good luck!