Do you take creatine??????

Options
I looked into taking creatine and thought that it would be a good starter with weights.I work with a guy who use to do bodybuilding comps and won quite a few of them. He suggested it would be a good idea if I take it properly. I know it said that it makes you bloat and gain about 2-3lbs in water but I was kind of hoping where I have so much weight to lose that it would kind of even out and show no difference in weight rather then a gain. I lost 5lbs in my first 2 weeks before I started taking them. I have only been on them for a few days, and when I weighted myself this morning it says I gained almost 2 lbs back. I have been eating so strict, weighing and measuring my meals. I work out every day, both cardio and weights. Did anyone else have this problem with taking creatine? I was thinking of dropping it for a few days to see if it is the creatine..

Run down of my typical day
4 am breakfast
5:30 p90x or turbofire using the TRX suspension system, followed by 2 km walk
7- protein shake
8- work (I work in receiving for flooring, I lift heavy boxes all day) (side note: I love that i'm 5'4 and wear pink bows in my hair and truck drivers ask me who is the GUY who off loads their truck with the forklift and then I jump on the forklift. The look on their faces is priceless!)
9- snack
12 pm- lunch
3- snack
6- off of work
6:30- supper which is usually some type of homemade soup no breads
7- 8km walk
9- zZzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Looking for some advice or tips from people who actually take creatine.
Should I stop or keep trucking on for a few more weeks?

Replies

• LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat. The number on the scale may not be going down, but it doesn't mean you aren't losing. Are you measuring for lost inches?

I don't take it, so can't really speak to that, but if it has helped you gain muscle faster, this might explain it.
  • No I didn't at first. I took my measurements yesterday so I can see what is really happening.
  • smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is most likely developing muscle - as muscle does weight more than fat. Keep up with the creatine and track for measurements for a few weeks; especially if they said to expect to gain a couple of lbs - which you did. It was not an abnormal amount of weight, so I believe you are on the right track. If you continue to gain weight, and don't lose the inches - then I would start worrying.