Endomondo or Mapmyride

Options
2»

Replies

• Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    With so many of us using multiple sites/apps, it kind of tells you just how lacking they all are.
  • Carolstone1959
    Carolstone1959 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've only used RunKeeper. Could anyone tell me what other apps have the RK lacks? I love it for the price (free) and simplicity. The only lacks are things that can't be factored in with anything else either-wind, traffic stops, etc.
    If you used RK and moved on, why?
  • Chuckdamage
    Chuckdamage Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know that it wasn't on the list but I would recommend Strava. I have used it with a smart phone and then later I bought a Garmin Edge and I am absolutely in love with the site and the program. It helps keep me motivated to see what my friends are doing and how intense they are riding.
  • martinc868
    Options
    Endomundo is actually able to skip stop time. By default it does not but go in Settings/Workout and there is on option you can activate called "Auto Pause" - "Automatically pause time when you are standing still"
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use STRAVA (free version) for biking and running. I upload my Garmin 500 data to the STRAVA website, but I also run the STRAVA smartphone app when running or when riding my bikes that aren't configured with Garmin mounts & sensors. I've used other GPS tracking apps, but I like the data visualization of STRAVA, the route mapping & sharing features, as well as the competitive aspect (i.e., the STRAVA segments).

I can't say anything bad about RunKeeper or MapMy<Fill-In>, they just simply don't have the same appeal to me as STRAVA. I'm not sure why someone would use RK for biking, but if it works, then why not? I absolutely detest the Endomondo app and website - I use it begrudgingly in order to participate in the National Bike Challenge.