Bulimia Struggles

Options
Summerful
Summerful Posts: 46 Member
I have been slowly trying to get better and eat healthier foods so I am not tempted to throw up.. I have been going a few days without having any problems, but the odd day I do struggle with it. I wont give up on trying to beat bulimia but I am just wondering if anyone else who has/had it experienced the same problems as me.

-I sometimes feel like I am about to black out or faint during because my vision starts to blur and go black but then it stops.
-Exhaustion, I literally have to stop to catch my breath again and I sometimes sweat kinda bad
-Very sore rib pains

I really want to get better.. I know the only solutions to those problems is to stop making myself sick (which I am trying hard to do and slowly progressing), but is there any other suggestions out there?

Replies

• thestruggleisfirst
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. Purging is so easy, it's like you can eat anything even if you're on a diet and then just get rid of it like it never happened. For me, eating healthy & working out WITHOUT my bulimia urges is super hard... I don't really have any advice because I am going through the same thing but you are not alone! I try to take one day at a time, just remember when you are tempted to remember how bad it is, go online to look up health risks, anything to stop yourself.
  • Summerful
    Options
    Yeah.. I am living with some of the health problems but apparently it just isn't a good enough reason sometimes :( I wont give up though and neither should you :) Thanks for replying.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your progress so far! That is wonderful that you figured out what makes you stop.

In regards to your health problems, of course not purging will help but also make sure you are eating enough calories and getting in sufficient nutrients. Make sure you are eating sufficient proteins and fats and taking multivitamins is recommended due to the large deficiency of nutrients our body has due to starving/purging. If they are not getting better, see a doctor.

Keep fighting! Never give up :) xx
  • Summerful
    Options
    Oooh, thanks! I have been forgetting to take my vitamin.. I have been doing a lot better but I have trouble enough sometimes.
  • Summerful
    Options
    I'd just like to update this.. I have been binge/purge free for 3 days!!!! Eating healthier food instead of all the junk food :)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Summerful.. Really great job resisting. I hope you made it thru Thanksgiving. I know its the worst holiday for bulemics.. Just tooo much food around.. And even thou yesterday, I did think about it, more than once. I had to push those thoughts out of my mind. And ignor the voice who was telling me, you should throw up, & you will feel better, & not gain weight. But I told the voice to shut up, and Im now proud to report that I did not throw up yesterday, & that my last date is still Aug 4th.. 2012... I'd like to beat my record of 11 months without being sick. Last year 2011, I went from Jan 1st until November 26th, without being sick. So now I really want to celebrate a entire year. But for now its just going on 4 months again ... And I did make it thru yesterday without being sick. Lets both hang in there together, and get better and stronger.. :smile: Come on you guys.. we can do this together.. Just come over here to shout out, when your proud of yourself for going another day without. Theres really no place where I feel I can do this, but maybe here someone could appreciate the will it takes to resist those bad habits. I had that habit for 23 years, so I know the struggles, & aches and pains.
  • happycyclingx
    Options
    Two days ago, for the first time in four years I took another portion of warm food without feeling the urge to either binge or purge. I feel like I'm slowly getting there :----)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... I really happy for you... Thats really really great. : ) Giving a whoot whoot for that! :smile:
  • moonrats
    moonrats Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Working out helps me fight the urge to be sick. If I work out then I feel better about fueling my body and don't need to purge.
    Just got to remember, it's all about moderation and if you work out too hard and/or too long then you're doing more harm then good. Got to keep the body working. ;)

Congrats on the purge free streak!!
    Keep it going!