10-28 - Anyone up for a walk?

Options
kittzle
kittzle Posts: 190 Member
Guess what, I'll be in town!!! Any of my NWA, MFPers, wanna W-A-L-K?

Replies

• BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Indoors??? I could be had...for a walk that is :)
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    If it fits into my schedule, sure. And my hubby is off work so he could join me! :D
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    Very cool. Will bring SuperWife with me. Where, what time???
  • BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • kittzle
    Options
    Indoors??? I could be had...for a walk that is :)

Indoors??? what??? It's Fall! We need to be outdoors to look at the beautiful color of the leaves :)
    Ok, what's left of them after all the wind this week...
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    Outdoors will work for me. Should have my new manly shoes in by then! Now...where shall we meet? I suggest a centrally located place for all of us. I don't mind driving at all...Say 3:00pm??? Crystal Bridges (dated her, but she was a dud..), Bentonville Doggie Park Trail, Lake Wilson..Fayetteville, somewhere in Rogers???

Lemme know. Will post up on my wall...do the same if you don't mind.
  • karmawolf4scr
    Options
    :glasses: Depends on where this is. I may have my little drips (2 & 4) with me.
  • kittzle
    Options
    I would love to meet at the Botanical Gardens in Fayetteville and walk there and around parts of Lake Fayetteville :)
    We could even park a vehicle or two on one side of the Lake, caravan around to the other side and walk the full way around, and have a way to get back when our legs turn into noodles, hehe.
  • BIRDIEBL8
    Options
    That's a great idea Kit! I walk there with my granddaughter so it's kid friendly & even have a stroller & would be willing to "stroller hike" with a extra "drip" if needed lol
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    "I would love to meet at the Botanical Gardens in Fayetteville and walk there and around parts of Lake Fayetteville :)
    We could even park a vehicle or two on one side of the Lake, caravan around to the other side and walk the full way around, and have a way to get back when our legs turn into noodles, hehe."

Done deal...3:00pm it is...kids welcome..handicappers welcome...spouses welcome..Thank you! Yer welcome! I have a minivan that will seat 6 besides me and room in the back for strollers, bag food, etc.

Just tell me where the heck to park...white 2005 Chrysler minivan with a dent on the back door. See profile to meet my wife.

So, just to be sure...we meet in the parking lot of the Botanical Gardens right off 265 on the East side of the lake....here via their website: 4703 North Crossover Road, Fayetteville, AR, 72703-0042 (google maps)????

THANKS Kitt!!!!

Dave, the Moderator
  • karmawolf4scr
    Options
    Ill be at the BGO side. Im in a white taurus. :)
  • BIRDIEBL8
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it 5mi from one side to the other lol I do 3...
  • BIRDIEBL8
    Options
    Well the last marker sez 4.75 but there is a small parking lot beside the entrance to the boat dock that will knock off about a mile if that seems to far.
  • karmawolf4scr
    Options
    when I walked around the whole thing I went from the gardens around to another parking lot then down the road to where the baseball fields were (near College) and then over the "dam" to veterans park. From there back to the gardens isnt paved.
  • BIRDIEBL8
    Options
    Nice walk! How long did it take you?
  • karmawolf4scr
    Options
    2.5 hours i think. LOL 20 min mile on pavement (walking). It wasnt bad except my shoes werent made for the trail and it gave me a blister.
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    I won't be able to make it. Wound up having to work tomorrow. Everyone have fun and burn those calories!
    I will keep my eyes posted for the next one.
  • BigDnSW
    Options
    See you all today at the Botanical Gardens Parking lot on the east side of Lake Fayetteville at 3:00pm. Susan (mi esposa) will be there with me. I will not be able to do the whole walk as I am only up to a mile or so at this point of recovery. But, I will be there to cheer you on!

If you need me, email me at davidcraton@gmail.com.

Thanks!
  • karmawolf4scr
    Options
    Cant make it. Ugh. will try to catch the next one.