Motivating friends!

Options
Hi all! I'm 24, 5'0" and I live in New Orleans. I come from a family that's all overweight and not very active. I've never been super active but in the last year I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and I've been trying to make the change to being healthier and getting regular exercise.

I really enjoy doing strength training but I find cardio kind of tedious and boring. I also love food and will never apologize for enjoying it too much! The trick is to find the right balance of delicious things. Anyway, I'm relatively new to MFP and I would love some more friends to keep me motivated and energized. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• nunat919
    nunat919 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I LOVE food!! I had my thyroid removed and herniated my back last year always looking for new friends!!
  • curranaf
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I'm 20 and I also have rheumatoid/psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia. I have a hard time exercising because it often just makes me hurt more. I used to be an athlete and in awesome shape. But when I was diagnosed, I gained 30 pounds. I just want to feel like myself again. But unfortunately I have picked up a nasty habit of binge eating. I can be eating right for about a week and then it all goes to hell. Although I am not technically overweight, I do not eat healthy. I am afraid that my unhealthy eating habits will only make the arthritis and fibromyalgia worse. Right now I am recovering from a bout of shingles (a pretty common occurrence if you are on humira) and I feel that if I only ate better, destressed and exercised, I would not have to keep dealing with these complications. Plus it would be nice to feel attractive again. And that is not to say that overweight means one is unattractive. I just personally feel unattractive because I feel like I'm living in a body that isn't my own.