Why Did I Dump This Person?

Options
DMZ_1
DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
A 22 year old guy in Massachusetts won $30.5 Million in the MA Lottery. Right before he won, his girlfriend dumped him. Bet she now regrets it. http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/1649515/

What do you think she is feeling?

Have you ever regretted dumping someone? Why?

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    In my limited experience,I think I've truly "dumped" one guy. He was waaaaaaay too clingy and had some mommy issues. LOL

It's got to be a pretty damn legit reason for me to dump someone.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever regretted dumping someone. Well .. actually now that I think about it .. there was this one guy when I was in college .. I really liked him, but he was kinda nerdy and my friends would tease me endlessly about him. So, I got tired of it and broke it off with him. I saw him a few years ago and he is EXTREMELY wealthy now and his wife has the hugest diamond and saphire wedding ring ..lol.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Ha! Good for him... That's one way to bounce back from a breakup.

I've never regretted breaking up with anyone. It's always been for the best.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

$30.5 Million in your bank account will change your view on life.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Yeah, good for him!

But do you guys honestly believe she should regret dumping him for over the cash? Maybe I'm an idealist, but wouldn't that have just prolonged the inevitable if they weren't compatible? I could see being a twinge jealous (it's only human) but she was the one who dumped him, not the other way around.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I currently do not regret dumping anyone. There was a period I regretted dumping my first serious boyfriend and then we got back together... huge mistake.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    The only boyfriend I feel bad about "dumping" is one I had 4 years ago that got really serious really quickly (we had been together for 3 months and he wanted to get married). I knew for me I had to let him go before things got really bad, but he committed suicide 3 weeks later...that was a tough one to get over. Ever since then I've had a horrible time breaking up with guys (I realize that it wasn't MY fault and he had had history of attempts that I found out about after the breakup), but still.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I currently do not regret dumping anyone. There was a period I regretted dumping my first serious boyfriend and then we got back together... huge mistake.

Yeh .. I did that with this last boyfriend.. you forget the reasons why you did it to begin with .. then they start popping back up and you think .. oh yeh .. that's why..lol.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The joke is on her I suppose.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Yeah, good for him!

But do you guys honestly believe she should regret dumping him for over the cash? Maybe I'm an idealist, but wouldn't that have just prolonged the inevitable if they weren't compatible? I could see being a twinge jealous (it's only human) but she was the one who dumped him, not the other way around.

We don't know why she broke up with him. Maybe she was tired of having to pay the way all the time and he seemed to leech off her. The 30.5 Mil would have fixed that kind of issue.

I do not regret dumping any of my boyfriends.
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    The only boyfriend I feel bad about "dumping" is one I had 4 years ago that got really serious really quickly (we had been together for 3 months and he wanted to get married). I knew for me I had to let him go before things got really bad, but he committed suicide 3 weeks later...that was a tough one to get over. Ever since then I've had a horrible time breaking up with guys (I realize that it wasn't MY fault and he had had history of attempts that I found out about after the breakup), but still.

OMG, that is awful. I'm so sorry :flowerforyou:
  • pa_jorg
    Options

Yeah, good for him!

We don't know why she broke up with him. Maybe she was tired of having to pay the way all the time and he seemed to leech off her. The 30.5 Mil would have fixed that kind of issue.

I do not regret dumping any of my boyfriends.

That's fair. But if it was for non-financial issues to begin with then the cracks would appear eventually I think.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I dont regret dumping anyone. However I do regret misinterpeting a relationship with a guy and bringing it to an end. I thought we were just FWB he apperantly was in love with me and didn't want anyone to knoe we were dating because my seperation from my ex-H was fresh and he didn't want our mutual friends to get all riled up. Were still friends but at the time he was really hurt .
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I guess there is one girl I regret dumping... her name is Megan and after about a week I seriously thought I'd marry her, those of you that know me pretty well will agree that is very out of character for me. Anyway she was absolutely gorgeous, funny as hell, and the sweetest person I have met to date.... I should add that she enjoyed playing with my man parts!! We lasted 3 pretty awesome months and then it started... she started going through some stuff that she just couldn't deal with and she threw it all on me. She knew she was doing this and just couldn't stop. My sister was living with me at the time and after watching me literally pull my hair out during phone conversations with Megan, my sister said what the hell are you doing get rid of her. She was right and I did. Well it seems Megan's life has settled down a bit and she has found a new guy and they seem very happy together... this makes me wonder what if I would have hung in there a little longer?? Oh well life goes on.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I guess there is one girl I regret dumping... her name is Megan and after about a week I seriously thought I'd marry her, those of you that know me pretty well will agree that is very out of character for me. Anyway she was absolutely gorgeous, funny as hell, and the sweetest person I have met to date.... I should add that she enjoyed playing with my man parts!! We lasted 3 pretty awesome months and then it started... she started going through some stuff that she just couldn't deal with and she threw it all on me. She knew she was doing this and just couldn't stop. My sister was living with me at the time and after watching me literally pull my hair out during phone conversations with Megan, my sister said what the hell are you doing get rid of her. She was right and I did. Well it seems Megan's life has settled down a bit and she has found a new guy and they seem very happy together... this makes me wonder what if I would have hung in there a little longer?? Oh well life goes on.

Go get her man!! lol That made me a little sad!
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    The joke is on her I suppose.

With this girl's track record of making choices, perhaps employment in the front office with the Portland Trail Blazers is in her future. The Blazers picked Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan in 1984 (really worked out well-LOL) and Greg Oden over Kevin Durant in 2007 (Oden has been mostly injured and now out of the league whereas Durant is one of the 5-8 best players in the league now).

I hope the guy stands his ground and makes sure that it is over with her. If you watch the video in the first post, the guy seems relieved that she took off.
  • DMZ_1
    Options

She likely thought he was a loser and with him having cash now, I would not be surprised if she tried to finagle her way back into his life. It is up to him to say no. She revealed who she was before he won the lottery.

If a woman wants to be with a man when he's driving a 1991 Mazda 626 instead of a brand new Mercedes Benz, it is evident she's really into him for who he is.
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    She likely thought he was a loser
    Pure speculation...
    She revealed who she was before he won the lottery.
    Yes, she revealed that she didn't want to date him any longer... How does this make her a bad person? Am I misreading something here?
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

Go get her man!! lol That made me a little sad!

I'm not the type to break up a relationship where they both seem really happy.... however, if they break up I might convienently get in contact with her :devil:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

You had to do what was right for you at the time. She was emotionally wrecking you, and that's not something anyone should have to put up with. Maybe she really did calm down, maybe this guy just isn't affected by it or maybe they only fight behind closed doors so that everyone else thinks things are dandy. Regardless, just because you perceive her differently now doesn't mean you guys still might not be a fit, don't beat yourself up over it. :flowerforyou: