Oh NEMO!!! I am so SORRY!!!! Sniff! 10/26

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
I was reading about fish yesterday....you don't want to know what I read about farm-raised fish buuuuuuut anyway! We need our good dose of Omega 3s from adding fish once a week to our diet....If you absolutely hate fish then add fish oil (tablets) or flaxseeds to your diet!
Omega 3s help with our brain power, a general anit-inflammatory through out the body and helps our blood components and blood vessels too!
How can you beat that for the power of FOOD!!!

i had some ground flaxseeds in my oatmeal today! What about you? Fish today, flax seeds, walnuts or fish-oil?

How will you challenge yourself today...into the weekend!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• loquaciousloser
    loquaciousloser Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am one of the people who hate fish/seafood. However, I love adding flaxseed to my homemade breads. Did you know you can substitute ground flaxseed for the eggs or fat (butter/oil) in the recipe? I find it also makes the bread have a really nice texture!

Speaking of making breads I also add some soy flour to my loaves to give it a little protein kick. :)
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ooh I was having problems deciding what to eat for dinner... Now I know I have Swai at home... Nom nom nom :)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good sushi day. Oh and, I found Nemo:

nemosushi.jpg
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ^ Poor Nemo. :(

I think I'll try for (wild) salmon; it's my favorite. :)
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going out to eat fish tonight. 2 filets, 1 plain baked potato, and a tossed salad. I'm good to go. :wink:
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i have grilled salmon every sunday (it's the only day i'm home to actually fresh cook dinner!!!)
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ooh I was having problems deciding what to eat for dinner... Now I know I have Swai at home... Nom nom nom :)

Well like most weekends, my plans have changed and i am going to my sisters for dinner and will not be eating fish...... i will make fish sometime this weekend and while i wait to eat the yummy fish i will start taking my fish oil vitamins again :)
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Mr AAK you are so wrong! LOL! Crazy! LOL! I had cod tonight in a big sandwich! Yum!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Mr AAK, I cracked up and was sad all at once. You are one unique awesome person. Thank you.