Another calorie question

Options
ekmp636
ekmp636 Posts: 5 Member
I have two little boys - a 2.5 year old, and a 13 weeker, who is EBF. With keeping up with the older one, and trying to keep on top of everything else (housework, errands, etc), I was having a really hard time eating enough - typical days were anywhere between 1100 and at the most 1400 calories (bad, I know) - and that's not net calories, but calories in. So add BF on top of that, and I know that it's really too low. As a result of this, there has been a huge stall in my weight-loss (I've been hovering w/in a 2 lb range for at least the last month). I know I need to eat more, and I've been trying to for the past week. My question is, for those who might have gone through the same thing, after upping your calories did you experience any weight gain before it started to come off again? Or did your weight just start to move down almost immediately once you were fueling yourself correctly?

Replies

• laylasmommy67
    laylasmommy67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    In the same boat :/ the same exact boat. lol
    I have upped my calories to 1500 (that I have to force myself to eat because I forget) and within 2 days I dropped .2lbs..lol but I was at the same exact weight for weeks...so I was happy...so I am going to very gradually increase my calories by 100 or so maybe every week until I start losing again.

If you are worried about gaining by eating a few calories more...it will take a while...just remember to drink your water and eat those calories in healthy-ish foods :)
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    As a side, did you find eating so few calories affected your milk supply? I read somewhere not to go below 1800 while BFing (so netting 1300-1500/day). You could certainly give it a go for a week or two. Experimentation is the best way to find what works for you, if time consuming and inconvenient. :/
  • ekmp636
    ekmp636 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I'm not really worried about a weight gain initially, as long as it would start to come off again steadily :) I'll keep increasing slowly and making a conscious effort to get those calories in (but man, it can be hard when you're just constantly going; it's like my stomach just switches itself off for a few hours, because I don't feel hungry when we're out and about). And no, I didn't find that my milk supply was affected; I've always had a pretty good one, can get 4-5 oz per pump session (when I need to pump), and the little guy is growing like a weed. If that is it being affected, I'm almost scared to see what it would go up to with enough calories!