Don't Give Up! : Chapter 3

Simple6
Simple6 Posts: 170 Member
:heart: :heart: :heart: The Lord God says to us, 'You have dwelt long enough on this mountain.' " :heart: :heart: :heart:

My Dear MIGHTY Sisters in Christ,

How you are delighting my heart. :love: You are making this study so awesome.
I love how the Lord is teaching you and how you are sharing with us. Each of you have such a valuable part of this process. We all need what you are learning. As you are sharing God is using your experience to minster, to encourage and to delight. Your prayers, to strengthen and reinforce His purpose in each of our lives. He is using your words to build up and reaffirm. How awesome He is in each of you.

I also want to encourage you. Each of us is experiencing the attack of the enemy. Individually, learning these truths is great but imagine the power we have as we come together to seek Him and learn His ways? We are a very real threat in the kingdom of God to the powers of darkness. Take courage! War fare is expected but VICTORY IS ASSURED. For Christ always causes us to overcome as we allow Him to lead and we obey. Remember that our "weapons" are MIGHTY before God for the overthrow and the destruction of strongholds. He has given us what it takes to walk in the victory He has provided. Which brings me to chapter 3.

DON"T GIVE UP........BY GIVING UP!

Yes, that is what is in my heart to share. As I have been seeking the Lord about this week, I keep hearing "What are you surrendering to?" In every situation we face, there is always only one choice. That is to give up. We either give up to the circumstance by worshiping our own perceptions and feelings about it. Or we give up or surrender to the Lord. Every time I feel the need to give up it is because I feel hopeless, weak or overwhelmed. It often seems the harder I try not to give up the more I do. He is teaching me a new perception about giving up. To see each situation I face as a chance to surrender in worship to Him or to myself. I need to ask myself what I am bowing down to? See, I can't be bowed down and worship both at the same time. According to Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stand by and be devoted to the one and despise and be against the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (deceitful riches, money, possessions, or whatever is trusted in)." I am learning that we get to choose what we surrender to either our flesh or Him. This week is about not giving up or bowing down to the flesh. Hasn't this been the temptation all along? To give up doing what is right and what He has called us to? We can only be tempted by what we desire. Our flesh is a master unholy desire-er. It desires to be wild, and lawless. To rule us with an iron fist. Thank God, He is training us to be Spirit lead.

The enemy's strategy is to confuse us to surrender to the wrong things. To our emotions of the moment. To the pain or fear of uncertainty. To meet our own needs for comfort, support, approval and acceptance. To be discouraged and overwhelmed. We recognize Satan's strategy. We choose not to surrender to our flesh. We choose to surrender to HIM ONLY. We will pass through the waters, through the rivers and walk through the fires but we will walk surrender to the Lord so we will not be burned or scorched. We will give nothing to Satan to kindle the flame that would devour our soul and burn away His joy and peace in our lives. God will actually cause us to make spiritual progress upon the very places the enemy is trying to kindle.

So I urge you to give up, surrender to your Lord. In fact, it is the only way to remain steadfast. DON'T GIVE UP TO YOUR FLESH! Jesus was not a quitter, and He is not about to start now. He is the ultimate finisher and He lives in us. His finishing power is accessible to us. We determine that we are not going to allow anything to make us quit surrendering to God. We no longer are going to dwell in the "mountain" of our flesh but it is now time for our journey to be Spirit bred and Spirit lead.

Here is how I am learning to not give up in my own life.

:heart: Proverbs 18:21(AMP)
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life].

God has created in me the ability to feel so many things. Including all the negative emotions I feel. So I am learning to surrender those emotions to God by being as truthful with them as I can. I honestly tell Him how hurt or angry or fearful I am. But I don't just stop there. If I did my emotions would never be at peace. I go the next step which is getting His heart for my situation. I do this by listening and agreeing with what He say. God gave me three words a few years back to help me with this. This is how I use them to help me not give up to my flesh. I say them out loud and to myself. I will think on them, rolling them over in my mind. In stead of rolling the situation over and over in my mind. I will say them over and over until my emotions come inline with His word. I will sing them, write them on a paper and hang them on my wall. I say them to my husband and to my friends, whenever I am talking about the situation. It builds faith in my heart to hear myself saying what God says about my situation.

I feel overwhelmed……NEVER THE LESS

:heart: Isaiah 43:1-4 (MSG)1-4 "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end—Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

:heart: Psalm 71:1 (MSG) I run for dear life to God, I'll never live to regret it. Do what you do so well: get me out of this mess and up on my feet. Put your ear to the ground and listen, give me space for salvation. Be a guest room where I can retreat; you said your door was always open! You're my salvation—my vast, granite fortress.

:heart: Psalm 55:15-18 (MSG) 16-19 I call to God; GOD will help me. At dusk, dawn, and noon I sigh deep sighs—he hears, he rescues. My life is well and whole, secure in the middle of danger even while thousands are lined up against me.

:heart: Isaiah 59:19 (AMP)19So [as the result of the Messiah's intervention] they shall [reverently] fear the name of the Lord from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight [for He will come like a rushing stream which the breath of the Lord drives].(A)

:heart: Luke 1:37 (AMP)37For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment.

GOD IS MY SAVIOR WHO REDEEMS ME.
HE KNOWS ME AND ALL MY TIMES ARE IN HIS HAND.
HE WILL NOT LET ME DROWN IN THE SITUATION.
WHEN I CALL HE HEARS ME AND ANSWERS ME.
HE RESCUES ME.
I AM NOT OVERWHELMED BECAUSE HE KEEPS MY LIFE WELL AND WHOLE, SECURE IN THE MIDDLE OF DANGER.
WHEN THE ENEMY TRIES TO COME IN, THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WILL LIFT OF A STANDARD AGAINST HIM AND PUT HIM TO FLIGHT.
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR GOD IN ME.

I feel weak……NEVER THE LESS

:heart: Isaiah 40:29(AMP)29He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound].

:heart: Psalm 138:7(AMP)7Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.

:heart: Psalm 138:3 (AMP)3In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.

:heart: 2 Samuel 22:40(AMP)40For You girded me with strength for the battle; those who rose up against me You subdued under me.

:heart: Psalm 68:28 (GW) 28Your God has decided you will be strong. Display your strength, O God,as you have for us before.

:heart: Psalm 18:32G (GW)32God arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

:heart: Psalm 29:11 (AMP)11The Lord will give [unyielding and impenetrable] strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.

The Lord gives power to me when I am faint and weary.
When I feel like I can’t go on He increases my strength, multiplying and making it abound.
When I face situations that drain me He will revive me.
The moment I call you answer me with the strength that I need.
Physical strength for my body and emotional strength for my soul.
You gird me with strength for the battle.
You have decided to give me your strength.
Display that strength in me.
You arm me with strength and make my way perfect.
Your strength in me is unyielding and impenetrable.

Father,

I just pray for my precious sisters in the Lord. We say You are our helper. Please help us to be taught of You. Help us to surrender to You only. Not to give up to circumstance, our flesh or other people. Not to grow weary in doing what is right. Not to faint and become discouraged. Help us to take courage and to walk through this week in victory in our inner man and in our emotions by surrendering all that we are to You and taking every thought captive to Your Word. Train us in using Your mighty weapons. Help us to make progress in the battles we face. Help us dwell in You and to leave the places of old thinking. In Jesus Name, Amen

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Bump for later! :love: :heart: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Sis Nicolette
  • Snitch1
    Good Morning Sisters!

My heart overflows with the joy of fellow-shipping with you, even if it is by computer!:love::love: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :heart:

I had intended to finish my comment hours ago, but was so caught up in my PM's and checking post's, I was delayed too long-sorry!:embarassed:

Do you believe in FATE?
    Definition of fate (n)
    bing.com · Bing Dictionary
    fate [ fayt ]
    force predetermining events: the force or principle believed to predetermine events
    outcome: a consequence or final result
    destiny: something with decisive or far-reaching consequences that inevitably happens to somebody or something
    Synonyms: destiny, fortune, chance, providence, luck, doom, lot

Hmmm.."force predetermining events"-I wonder what/WHO(?) they mean by "force", or WHO they are referencing? I sure that would be like asking "WHO is "they?"-when a friend says "They say......blah blah, blah.." Who" is "THEY"??????????????

I think this is a topic best left for another time...:laugh:

My point being, I was reading my first copy of "the Pentecostal Herald," a magazine which my new church subscribes to, and one of the articles is on this weeks Chapter 3's discussion!! Awesome! As a matter of fact, there were several articles written about "FAITH", turning to the Lord in ALL circumstances..Now, is that FATE?

I can safely say, that I am certainly uncertain.:wink:

I have found with my new relationship with the Lord, it is becoming easier and more natural to automatically seek His comfort and shelter during life's storms, that it was, even 2 month's ago. A lot has happened in my life in the last 2 month's.
    1. Star..my companion dog died-she was by my side almost every moment of the day-Oh, how I love that dog!:heart::heart:
    2. Mom died-I called her EVERYDAY. She was my BEST FRIEND.:love::heart: There are just no words...
    3. I had gotten into a fight with my daughter a few months ago, and I handled it very badly. She has spoken to me only a few times since, which means I have not seen my grandchildren:sad:
    4.Someone very close to me told me they sinned against me 15 or so years ago, and it has changed our relationship FOREVER. This is someone I cannot avoid, have to see every day or so, so it can be awkward.
    5. My knee that has had all the surgeries, is now "slipping" and I am falling quite often.
    6. I have found out that I have arthritis in my ankles and feet-which is why they are so swollen, and they hurt so much.

OK...NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY.
    I am bringing up these issues to show you how the LORD is working in my life.

Star, my pooch..Oh, I failed her..thought she had a throat infection-so did the Vet, but she had a super large tumor in her throat, and I had to put her down, as she could not breath-All in a span of 5 days. But, as she lay there, intubated, so she was getting some oxygen, I initially was praying to the Lord for MY SORROW, MY LOSS...but the Holy Spirit took over, and I began singing, as they gave her the medicine to put her to sleep, Thanking our Father for allowing me the PLEASURE of caring for this animal, this wonderful, loyal, dingo, for over 10 years. I thanked Him for ALL of it, and I was raising 1 hand to the Lord, knowing that Dog's don't go to heaven, but asked Jesus, to accept her for me, and to place her with HIS hands, where she belonged. I felt immense PEACE, as my minds eye saw Him reach down and take Star from me..I felt her go..the last breath..and I was filled with JOY. Crazy-huh? The people in the operating room were all watching me, as I sang and danced and raised my hands to praise Him! Jon was even surprised. And, to this day, I have felt little or no grief over her death, as I know..there is a Season for everything.

2. Mom-Oh, where to begin? At first, when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I was SO ANGRY at the Lord, and YES, I told Him. She (MOM) did everything she was supposed to do..she read books, kept her mind active, exercised, kept her weight down..everything, and she got it anyway. To make an extremely long story short-I began to cherish EVERY MOMENT we had together. Then, out of the clear blue-she died. This time, NO SORROW for ME-prayer's thanking the Lord that now Mom was FREE-free of the worry of her home not selling, free of hating that she could not drive, of losing her independence, of her possessions being sold to care for her. FREE of feeling like a BURDEN..I laid it ALL at His feet..Yes, life is different now, almost 2 months later. I will see something funny, and reach for the phone..but then realize, she is not going to answer. I do call sometimes, and I talk to her just like I used to..like leaving a message at her home. But, no one calls back. (My bro is keeping her line, so his son can get the number in a month or so when he is discharged from the ARMY..)but, I AM FREE ALSO. Do I miss her? Of course, but am I a blubbering slimy mess, that I had thought I would be? NO!

3. Natalie, Xander and Ashlyn: Gave it directly to God..did not even hesitate. Moving forward with my life, REFUSING to be guilt-ed out by the past mistakes I have already said I am sorry for, and have asked forgiveness for. It is in God's hands now.

4. My dear friend and the LIE BY OMISSION. Well, to be truthful, Jenni:heart: helped me out on this one. Reminding me that God works ALL THINGS for GOOD. He shines His light into the dark places of out hearts, and CONVICT'S us..which is what happened..and brought this SIN to light. Now, it's in the open, and I laid that also at HIS feet-this one is truly too great for me to carry. (Thanks BUNCHES Jenni):love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

5. The fact I might have to be back in my wheelchair=ERRRRRRR!!!!:devil: Unless you have even been in one for a period of greater than one week, you do not understand how INVISIBLE/or SPOTLIGHTED you are. Invisible, because when you are in a crowd, no one see's you. When in a crowded elevator, people get way in your face with their body part's you do not want to see. like their buttotooties right in your FACE, OR, they lean on your wheelchair./ And NO ONE get's down to your level to talk to you, so you are constantly looking UP all day-SERIOUS headaches/neck strain..Or, you are the center of attention when you do not want to be. AND>>Don 't even get me started at the public building's that do NOT have handicapped stalls big enough to turn your w.c. around, so you can get up and on the potty to go..ERRRRR..this one even has my Hubby mad...I used to get stuck in the bathroom, as the door knob was too high, or too far away, and I couldn't get out. I would have to wait for him or someone else to come in and let me out. Bummer!

OK..OK.. Rant over..but the THOUGHT of having to use it again, SCARES THE HOLY HELL outta me. But, my Pastor and his son, told me yesterday, they were going to pray me right out of that darn thing..they like seeing me dancing in the aisles at church praising the Lord for His consistent goodness and mercy!!

So, this too, is at Jesus's feet. In the Prayer Jar it all goes..never to be thought of again..after all, are we not commanded NOT to WORRY? (I gave my NIV Bible to someone in jail, and cannot find the exact scripture in James (I believe) in KJV); bu.... who will gain one day of life by worrying? Be as the flowers that grow in the fields, has not the LORD dressed them in brilliant colors, more beautiful than even King Solomon's robes, and they too, wither and dry up. Does the bird stock up a pile of food for
    the winter? No, they rely on the Lord to provide them food, should we not do a they do?

So, I guess my message is, I am looking FORWARD from now on..
    No more standing still, in fear of reproach.
    No more looking back to see what I have left behind.

The Lord is leading me down the narrow path..it is HE who I will follow.

I hope you will join me Sisters, as I am sure, it will be a Bumpy Ride, but one well worth taking!:bigsmile:

Love2You:
    Sis Nicolette

BTW: I am also QUICKER to PRAISE and THANK Jesus, when something good happens!:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • ..I'm cummin' too! Resurrection testimonies---better than food!
  • right2b
    right2b Posts: 93 Member
    :heart: There is a way out of the wilderness of our thoughts and actions. Hope. What a word…hope. When we get overwhelmed by our daily life or circumstance that one word can tie a knot for us to hang on for safety. When we hope we put our faith in action. Hoping is an act of walking in faith that God will answer. No wonder why there is such a battle for our mind…our thought life. My focus is on the hope in God to show His truth, to show His tender mercies and to bring a way through the darkness of bad choices, decisions and thoughts. My hope is in His protection if I am lead astray into a wilderness that He did not plan…as Jesus prayed…”Our Father….lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.” Possibly where Satan tries to sneak in during what seems like delays in God’s promises? One thing I notice in hoping…you can become impatient or easily conflicted. Then, I am reminded that God will do what He says. What promise that He is our Deliverer. So, taking a proactive look at the circumstance instead, allows you to identify with what God is doing! Satan would like you to look at what is not happening (seeming delays) and so your focus is directed on temporal values, idolatry and moral impurity for quicker fixes, answers or changes. But, because Satan is under God’s power…it will fail. Although Satan has wasted time in your life…God’s will restore and renew because His promises are unbreakable. My mom would say…”why waste time being upset and fusing, when you can be enjoying and sharing with others?” She has gone on to be with the Lord but I still remember that sage advice, even at age 54. I will admit, sometimes it is later than sooner but that is when I hope…hope in God to redirect my current path, circumstances or thoughts.
    The theme of chapter 3 is “Don’t give up”! Hope allows strength to listen to the still quite voice inside our spirit that says…”I will never leave you or forsake you”. My heart listened and hoped. When you feel like giving up…lift it up…to Jesus~!:heart:
  • Simple6
    :heart: Sister Nicolette,

I am so happy to hear that you are pressing on. When I was praying for you, I felt like I was supposed to tell you that these valleys are places that you are passing through. They may feel like death and in a way they are because they are places you get to crucify the flesh. Yet, they are not places for stopping or inhabiting. You are only passing THROUGH. God's plan is for you to be at rest because He is your refuge as you are walking THROUGH these valleys on your way to His mountain. These momentary struggles are temporary. These fiery trials may burn hot and hard but Jesus is standing with you. You will come out of these fiery furnaces un-scorched. Jesus is greater than the trial and He lives in you. He will comfort you. Psalm 23:4 (KJV) Yea, though I walk THROUGH the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. :heart:

:heart: Zoey,

Thank you for reminding us to put our hope in God. :love: It is a good practice to ask the Lord to show us what we are hoping in. And to remind ourselves that when our Hope is in Him, we shall never be disappointed. Oh man! That is so awesome! I have been so disappointed in my life. Isaiah 49:23.......Then you will know that I am the Lord, and anyone who trusts in me will not be disappointed.” It is my time to stop walking in the "dis" part and to start walking as His appointed. I love what you wrote and I want to read it over and over again. :heart: Although Satan has wasted time in your life…God’s will restore and renew because His promises are unbreakable.

I also want to share something with all you lovely ladies. Today I was looking at the online workbook. Specifically at this question: Describe a wilderness mentality. I was thinking about all the places I feel stuck in my thinking. Places I feel like the only thing I am successful at is failing in that area over and over again. Ever gentle, the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart that it is important to recognize the places of my wilderness thinking but also to recognize the places where I am walking in His promise land. He encouraged me to see that all the energy and effort I am using in this wilderness thinking is really His to use if I seek Him. He will use that same ability to propel me into His place of promise. I am not to be discouraged but rather encouraged. I have great ability to think His thoughts. I am a master thinker. I have just honed the wrong focus. He is helping me to change that. I feel encouraged. He has given me the skill and now it is time to train it correctly. Just like Zoey said, " My focus is on the hope in God to show His truth, to show His tender mercies and to bring a way through the darkness of bad choices, decisions and thoughts." See, even our wildernesses He can use for His glory. He has a plan, and His plan is to give us hope. I am going to hold on to the hope God gives. I have GOD hope! He has a future filled with hope and a reward for us. Not just a barely making it future with a tiny bit of hope. But one filled with hope.
    This makes me really want to press on to hold on, to continue. To not give up to my flesh in anyway.

Lord, I just pray for us that we all would embrace your plan. That you have a specific plan and timing for that in our lives. Help us to receive that and to walk it out in our lives. Help us to hold onto what we need to and to let go of what is needless. Help us to hope only in you. In Jesus Name, Amen

Proverbs 23:18 For surely there is a latter end [a future and a reward], and your hope and expectation shall not be cut off.

Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.
  • Snitch1
    @Shopgal1: Am very impressed about the way you looked at this chapter..taking a pro-active approach by re-directing your current path. I like the use of "hope" in your answer. That was a message that I did not even consider. Thank you for the adding the Bible verse also.
    Blessings rain down on all of us!
    Sis Nicolette
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Wow, how applicable this chapter has been for me-not only today, but for the past 5 or 6 years. I am relating this entire study to my physical relationship with my husband. The Lord has brought us through many trials in our marriage and I am grateful to say that yesterday we celebrated 19 years together. Our 17 year old chef, Logan, blessed us with a lovely dinner, he cleaned up afterwards and then to top it off we all sat down for a game of Qwirkle. I would not have wanted to spend it any other way.

Of course, after all the festivities, it was time for bed and we all know what happens on an anniversary. This has been a difficult area for us the past 8 years or so, but especially for me the last 3 years. My husband is a recovering porn addict-please do not think negatively of my incredible husband-he is human and the Lord created him as a visual being. Statistically, 8 out of 10 men admittedly struggle with pornography in varying degrees. His addiction is no different than any of the addictions the Lord has redeemed me from. Alcohol, drugs, porn, anorexia, cutting to name a few. All that said, his porn addiction has had a profound effect on the way I am able to allow myself to be available physically to him and also have physical satisfaction myself. He has been porn free for almost a year by God's grace. Over the past 3 years he has had some relapses that have left me feeling undesireable even though mentally I know the addiction has nothing to do with his feelings for me. Having been a porn addict myself, even though I have not sought those images out for over a decade, I still have many of those images in my memory banks.

Galations 6:9 says "not to become weary of doing good for we will reap a harvest if we do not give up" I have to confess to you, my sisters, that I give up often when I am trying to connect physically with my husband. I will be with him spiritually and emotionally, but my drive to be satisfied physically often takes over and to fulfill it I "give up" with a laundry list of images in my memory banks to pull from in order to satisfy the fleshly desires.

This whole chapter speaks to my heart that if I will enjoy my time with my husband who loves me-gosh, he adores me, he's committed to me, he has always had my best interests at his core-and concentrate on the true connection the Lord gives me to him by me choosing pure thoughts when we are together, (Deut 30:19 ....choose life....the Lord is life, and He will give you many years....) the Lord will honor that choice and bless our marriage bed. I have been blessed to have tastes of this true connection with my husband when I allow ( through the Lord) to focus on the true gift my husband is to me and how I know he enjoys the gift from God my body is to him.

I feel my interpretation of this may be considerably different than anyone elses in the study, but as I turned it over to God when I started I asked Him to show me how to apply this to my life. I want freedom from the bondage that strips away the fulfillment my Savior has planned for me. I have been walking around in the desert for so long trying to make that 11 day trip!!

God bless you all,
    Christine
  • Percyjs
    Percyjs Posts: 31 Member
    waiting for the Lord to step in isn't easy. waiting is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. patience is a fruit of the Spirit, which means it's gotta come from Him...but patience is something we must practice to perfect.

Am I the only one that has the little monster :devil: that whispers in my ear that God doesn't love me & God's too busy to be concerned with my issues...maybe I should accept fate, maybe I should give up on God...?

BUT, I know that voice in my head is just the devil doing his job...to test my faith and see if I will break under pressure. :grumble:

Well, today I declare in JESUS name that I won't waiver. :noway: I won't break. No matter how hard it is, no matter how disgusted & tired I may become...I will wait on the Lord! I've been through enough to know where my help comes from! There is NO GIVING IN to any but the Lord Jesus! I won't challenge the enemy for more attacks.....but I DO stand firmly on the Word of God, against this defeated foe....shoulder to shoulder with my husband (gosh I love him! :heart: )....in spite of the attacks.

Jonathan Suber says that the enemy attacks us on our level of anointing....I believe that. We are all called to do great things for the kingdom of God. the enemy would love to see us give up. But like it says in Habakkuk, the LORD is my strength (I don't need to rely on my own strength!) and he will give me feet that are able to climb my mountains!!! One day we will look back the the various trials and know that everything really did work together for our good...and in turn....HIS GLORY!

Be encouraged in Jesus name! :heart: :drinker:

-Percy
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks this study is doing the opposite of its intent? I feel worse than when I started..... :cry: I would just quit, but I cannot quit on 'Don't GiveUp' week!!!

I know how you feel, but I also know that the way we are feeling is a direct result of our willingness to participate in this study. The last thing Satan and his legions want is for us to know his game and tell him to take a hike! The attacks are to be expected and by not giving up we can get to the other side and look back at what the Lord did since we persevered!

Don't stop!! Do you think it is coincidence that you feel like giving up on "Don't Give Up" week?? Work through it....the way you feel now is temporary. If I gave up now I know me and I would feel worse about giving up than I would going through it. Once I know the problem I cannot use it as an excuse anymore.....its too late!!

Love,
    Christine
  • Simple6
    My Beloved Sisters,

My heart hears you......I may not know the exact trials you are facing but I do know we all are under attack. Congratulations! Time to put on our dancing shoes! For the enemy only attacks those who are advancing in His kingdom. Don't give up! My afternoon was spent in calling your names before our Lord. Asking for His encouragement and strength. Here is what He gave to me.

This is the story of King Nebuchadnezzar and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
    Daniel 3

Vs 4-5 Daniel 3:4-6(AMP)

4 Then the herald cried aloud, You are commanded, O peoples, nations, and languages,

5 That when you hear the sound of the horn, pipe, lyre, trigon, harp, dulcimer or bagpipe, and every kind of music, you are to fall down and worship the golden image that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up.

6 And whoever does not fall down and worship shall that very hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.

:heart: Dearest Sisters, for so long the 'King Nebuchadnezzars" of our lives has sent signals for us to bow down and worship. Trying to keep is in places of captivity and bondage. Threatening us if we don't. So we have....until now! We are still hearing the signals to bow down. But instead we are turning away. We are refusing to bow down to anything but our Lord. We still hear the threats and feel the pressure.......

Daniel 3:14-18

Amplified Bible (AMP)

14 [Then] Nebuchadnezzar said to them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the golden image which I have set up?

15 Now if you are ready when you hear the sound of the horn, pipe, lyre, trigon, harp, dulcimer or bagpipe, and every kind of music to fall down and worship the image which I have made, very good. But if you do not worship, you shall be cast at once into the midst of a burning fiery furnace, and who is that god who can deliver you out of my hands?

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, it is not necessary for us to answer you on this point.

17 If our God Whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, He will deliver us out of your hand, O king.

18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image which you have set up!

King Neb questioned their God, "Who is the that god who can deliver you out of my hands?" Sounds familiar to me....reminds me of another time and another place where the question was "Did God really say you would die if you ate of the fruit of the tree?" The enemy's strategy is to get us to question God's plan and His instructions to us. "Did God really call you to study the Battlefield of the Mind?" "Are you sure?"

King Neb also tried to compromise with the three young men. He said, "I see you haven't bowed down at the signal but if you do so now it will all be good." Compromise is another strategy of the enemy. If Satan can get you to question God's plan in our lives from a position of doubt and unbelief it will lead us to compromise. It will also keep us in captivity. Look at how Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego responded. "It is not necessary for us to answer you and further more if our God, Whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, He will deliver us our of your hand." In our language it might have sounded like this, "Are your crazy? Our God is more than able to deliver us out of some piddly fire. All the power and authority you have are no match for Him. However, if He chooses not to, we will still not bow to you. Your threats hold no power over us." Women of no compromise! That is how we are learning to walk. We will not indulge in a little wrong thinking just to quiet the raging King Nebs in our lives. We will not fear the threats.

Daniel 3:19-23

Amplified Bible (AMP)

19 Then Nebuchadnezzar was full of fury and his facial expression was changed [to antagonism] against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Therefore he commanded that the furnace should be heated seven times hotter than it was usually heated.

20 And he commanded the strongest men in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.

21 Then these [three] men were bound in their cloaks, their tunics or undergarments, their turbans, and their other clothing, and they were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

22 Therefore because the king’s commandment was urgent and the furnace exceedingly hot, the flame and sparks from the fire killed those men who handled Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the burning fiery furnace.

Right now, the situations in our lives are raging in fury! It feels like the furnaces we are facing are seven times hotter than before. I found it very interesting that King Neb commanded them to be tied up in their cloaks, tunics , undergarments, turbans, and their other clothing. No ropes, or hand cuffs, just their everyday things. WOW! Doesn't it feel like we are being bound up by our the everyday things in our lives? That often these things are the very things that cause us the most intense heat? Those things are the heaviest and cause us to fall down bound into the trial? Oh my Beloved Sisters, it is our time to be unbound and to walk in the furnace with Jesus. The flames destroyed the servants of King Neb but notice that they didn't even touch the three young men. That's because Jesus was already there, they just couldn't see Him. It was in the furnace that these young men were unbound. It is in the the fiery furnaces that we will be unbound, if we don't give up! Jesus is in every trial we need to walk through and every trial we have yet too. When we meet Him, He always sets us free.

Daniel 3:25-27

Amplified Bible (AMP)

25 He answered, Behold, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt! And the form of the fourth is like a son of the gods!

26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, you servants of the Most High God, come out and come here. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the midst of the fire.

27 And the satraps, the deputies, the governors, and the king’s counselors gathered around together and saw these men—that the fire had no power upon their bodies, nor was the hair of their head singed; neither were their garments scorched or changed in color or condition, nor had even the smell of smoke clung to them.

By all rights, they should have been dead before they entered the furnaces, since the heat was so hot and it killed the men who threw them in. Yet, here we see them walking around. These trials we are facing, feel like they should kill us too, but they are meant to bring Gory to God. They are meant to be places of victory over the heat, victory over the bonds and victory over submitting to wrong authority. The furnace was the place Jesus manifested Himself. The same is true for us.

The fiery trials, may be places we are thrown bound into, yet we are to walk out, with no hair on our heads singed, or our garments scorched. Totally sweet smelling! The fire has no power over us! We set our hearts to be absolutely faithful to our God. To not bow down to any other gods. To meet Jesus in the midst of the fiery furnances we are facing. We don't compromise and we don't give up.

Be encouraged. You will come out this trial. You are meant to pass through it. He loves us dearly. He knows us. We will be better for passing through this trial because it is the place we meet Jesus and He always makes us better.

Please know, that my heart loves you. Each of you is precious to my heart. :love:
  • Snitch1
    Am I the only one who thinks this study is doing the opposite of its intent? I feel worse than when I started..... :cry: I would just quit, but I cannot quit on 'Don't GiveUp' week!!!

^^^^Donna: I too think this study is bringing out the Demonic minions to discourage us, and turn us away from Christ. Yes, it truly hurts when we are being attacked from all directions, and feel caught in the crossfire. Sister-It was you who rescued me at my lowest point. Please open your heart to these words..

Lamentations 3:22,23 "It is of the LORD's MERCIES that we are not consumed, because His COMPASSIONS FAIL NOT.(23) They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."

24: "The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in HIM."
    (Donna-Are you "hoping in Him"?)
    25: "The LORD is GOOD unto them that wait for HIM, to the soul that SEEKETH HIM." (
    Donna: Are you SEEKING HIM?)

(Remember, Jeremiah is grieving, and God turned His back on him.)

39: "Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for punishment of his sins?"
    40: "Let us search and try OUR WAYS, and turn again to the LORD."
    (Donna: Key scripture here-has the Lord uncovered a trouble that YOU are trying to solve??..Remember, the Lord will stand by quietly, giving us just enough rope to hang ourselves..and then LOVINGLY will reach out and accept the burden that is too heavy for us to carry. I know, many times in my own life, I thought I could handle MY problems..that I knew best..but, I knew nothing!! Now, I try to SURRENDER ALL to the LORD-I have weak shoulders-His are broad and STRONG..good for carrying those burdens.):love:
    41: "Let us lift up our HEART with OUR hands unto GOD in the Heavens."
    (Donna: This, I feel, is a DIRECT command to hand all of our burdens WILLINGLY over to HIM.)

Sis, If I am way off base-please forgive me. Know that I would do nothing to harm you. I love you.I respect you, and I am concerned for you. My heart skipped a beat when I read your response:cry: . You, dearest one, are so loved and cherished by not only the member's of this group, but the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!! :bigsmile:

Special Prayer's will be sent up for you, beloved.:blushing: You have my phone number..you can call anytime.

John 16:22-24 "And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. And, in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, He will give it to you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ASK, AND YE SHALL RECEIVE, THAT YOUR JOY MAY BE FULL."

I love you Donna..:flowerforyou:
    Sis Nicolette
  • Simple6
    Do you ever feel like you are too puny for the mighty weapons God has for you? This morning that is what I am struggling with. I know I don't wrestle against flesh and blood....but against rulers of darkness.( Eph 6:11-18) Boy, do I feel like I am in the ring. In fact, I feel like I am in multiple rings. I was crying out to the Lord this morning about feeling overwhelmed, like I am spread too thin over the battle fields. I feel like I know His weapons are mighty but I can't seem to hold them in my hand, let alone wield them. It takes faith for me to grasp them. That's when the Lord spoke this to my heart: "The more battle fields you are warring on, the more territories you are to take." See, my heart is happy with just a small little piece of the promise-land. Really, a corner to dwell in is fine with me. But not for God. He wants me to take it all. He always sees me so much bigger than I am, because He sees me through the blood of Jesus. Nothing in my life is too much for His strength. It is all too much for me.....but that is the way it is suppose to be. I can't trust in myself and the Lord at the same time. I am really struggling with this. It is manifested in me saying, "I can't keep track of my food because I am too busy to eat. Or too busy to calculate the calories. Too busy to think about my meals." Who wants to think about food when I am being pressured cooked? So, I gave up. I decided I can't keep track of food this week. I didn't even realize that I failed the test until just this morning. I didn't see it as giving up, but lessening the pressure I am feeling right now. Sneaky! Now, I realize it. I repent for walking in my own strength. I ask the Lord to reign in my eating and exercising habits. For I am a terrible ruler! I give up the throne! Lord, I ask you to help me to eat to honor you and not to comfort myself or not eat to comfort myself. Both ways are dishonoring to you. Help me balance, for I am completely out of balance. I lay down control again. Be the ruler of my life, the lover of my soul. Help me to receive your Grace to meet the demands of all this wrestling! Help me to receive the victory you have for me and to take the territories you have for me. In Jesus Name, Amen
  • I've had ENOUGH. I Quit..

That's right... I quit:
    -indulging myself
    -feeling sorry for myself
    -being lazy
    -being withholding
    -being jealous
    -taking those who love me for granted
    -not doing the good I know to do
    -thinking more highly of myself than I ought
    -having to have the last word
    -neglecting my responsibilities
    -listening to excuses-mostly, my own
    -mismanaging my time
    -demanding the life I want to live
    -looking down instead of up
    -forgetting those who need what I have to give
    -judging others instead of praying for them
    -wasting my resources
    -complaining, instead of thanking
    -thinking that God's not going to do everything He said He would
    -giving counsel from my own mind, instead of from God's Word
    -viewing all things with worldly wisdom.
    -expecting less of the LORD than He has openly committed Himself to

So, I QUIT. The list goes on the bathroom mirror. I declare myself dead to carnal living---I want the Life that the LORD has won for me!
    Come on, you quitters!! Give it up!
    And for my fellow failures out there, remember: If at first you don't suceed, quit, quit again! (..a little "corn-dog", but I can't quit that!)
  • right2b
    I shared this with my Sister-Jesus-Friend and I would like to share it with each of you:

:heart: Listen, whatever you are going through right now (you can share or not) is a "passage"...a part of our individual journeys. I remember in college a word that our Prof gave on striving Christianity and it has stuck with me ever since. Basically, when our faith drags behind us (like a ball & chain) we look around for pity and prayer for all the woes in our life..."striving" to march onward in this struggle to walk a Godly Christian life. How does that look to others? What does our witness show believer’s or non-believers? (you got the picture) When instead our faith should be pulling us (like an excited puppy on a leash) towards the mark of God's calling, each step of the way, to where you no longer find yourself needing to be pulled but are marching bold and strong with the full Armor of God ...Bold and Beautiful for God! What does our Christianity look like to the world now?
    Be encouraged! Never look back (salt is a terrible thing)...look up...to Jesus...His eye is on the sparrow...He is watching over us.

Begin....:heart:
  • DYNAMITE!! OUT OF SIGHT!!! Donna, thank you for posting this----the Churchill quote is going on the bathroom mirror, too!
    I'm all fired up now!! Ready to enlst!!

"We must give up the things that drag us down so we do not give up the fight."---nonnalyn
  • Simple6
    You ladies rock!

Bev,

Absolutely loved your quitting list. So excellent to remind myself of what I am quitting. Dead! Dead! Dead! That is what I am. Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Amen Sister!

DonnaLynn,

Adore your reminder of what He is never giving up. ME! and of course all the rest of the ladies. :wink: What a relief! He holds me securely and will not let me go. John 10:28 (NKJV) And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. No snatching going on! He's got us all. I also loved thinking about what He gave up for us. Oh how that makes my heart love Him so.

Zoey,

How wonderful is the image you have presented me with. It caused me to stop and ask, "Am I striving and where is my faith?" Very good questions to locate my heart. I am greatly encouraged. I saw some areas of striving and was able to repent. I also saw some areas of really trusting God and letting go. Both positions draw me closer to Him. Suddenly, I feel like I need to be walked. :bigsmile:
  • right2b
    :bigsmile: Okay...went out and bought my book tonight. Suffice it to say so far the ride has been wild for everyone...so with that said...buckle up tight with the belt of TRUTH...we are in BATTLE...but we are definitely not alone!!! (Matt. 18:2):heart:
  • Percyjs
    Percyjs Posts: 31 Member
    "This could be a season of transition....Warfare always surrounds the coming of a miracle. Now is not the time to give up! Don't give glory to the devil, saying oh well, the enemy is attacking me....NO! You need to bless the Lord because your redemption draweth nigh!" -Jonathan Suber
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    I have been a bit Missing In Action on this study this week! I HAVE read the chapter, and hope that tomorrow I can find some time to post my thoughts (and read all your great contributions - I have skim-read a few and loved what I read!!)

THANK YOU too for praying for my trip. Suffice it to say God answered BIG TIME! It was all great! Again, I will try to post more tomorrow. Electricity was off here all day and I have just finished reading emails, posting my info for an elimination challenge, and doing a bit of urgent work. Now I need to get to bed!

More from me tomorrow (electricity permitting!) Just wanted you all to know I have NOT forgotten you. Love you all!

Ali x
  • new_blossom
    new_blossom Posts: 111 Member
    LOOK UP!!!

Jenni was my shoulder before I left for Africa in August! I was sooooo troubled and there was trouble in my home! I was troubled inside and out! God blessed me with her many encouragements, reminders, and promises from His Word. One thing she said was that God was birthing something in me. That what was conceived in me was of the Holy Spirit, and that this was just like labor pains.

I thought of this again today. I am a mom and have given birth to two perfect babies. I had no problems in pregnancy, relatively easy births, and both were natural births. This was not by choice; Sarah had her cord in a position that wouldn't allow a spinal and Mason FLUNG himself into the word so quickly that there was no time for drugging...(I think I was saying, "I don't care! Give it to me in my arm!!!") But ANYWAY, I can still remember the joy that sooooon I would have a brand new life in my arms. Sooon I would be looking into the eyes of my own child. And the new little person would be a life of her/his own with a name and a mind and everything.

I feel those labor pains Jenni spoke of now. I wonder if the new thing is breech or what!? I have joy one minute, but then a mean contraction comes and I crumble into fear, pain, confusion, and anger. Sometimes I don't even know what is going on! Maybe this is just disease, and not a birthing??? ACKKKK!!!!

So I thought about Lamaze and other birthing techniques. "Dr. Lamaze believed that distractions from pain reduces the perception of pain. Therefore, most women could labor and give birth awake, aware and under their own power if they mastered his techniques in order to avoid being overwhelmed by the intensity of labor." The doctor's technique includes effleurage (massage), breathing, and FOCUS! One suggestion was to look into your hubbit's eyes:love: so the two of you could give birth as a team! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :huh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: STOP LAUGHING!!!!

This made me think this morning about the song I quoted before:
    Turn your eyes upon Jesus.
    Look FULL in His wonderful face.
    And the things of EARTH (not just the fun, material, ME stuff but the pain, fear, tears, contractions, worries, rejection, ettttttc.)
    will grow strangely dim,
    In the light of His GLORY and GRACE.

Thank you, Lord.
    :sad: Deep Breath heeeeeeeeehooooooo (Exodus 2:23 And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.)

:tongue: Panting after the Lord hehehehehoohoohoohehehehe (Psalm 42:1 As the hart pants and longs for the water brooks, so I pant and long for You, O God.)

:sick: ===> :smile: Birthday Breath He He He He He is and is the rewarder... (Ezekiel 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.)

I thought of something when reading what you wrote Donna about having your babies and having brand new life in your arms. I always thought of this in "my point of view", but I just was not getting it. I was not looking at it in His point of view. Just think how Jesus must feel when we come to Him with our needing Him. Just like your babies, needed you. Or mine needed me. We wanted them to need and depend on us, we are caretakers. Babies cry because they need food or a diaper change or their tummy may hurt. These are their little trials that they go through- Jesus knows what they can handle within their tiny little selves. They cry or hurt, and they are comforted and feel safe when in our arms.

The same for us, He does not place any more on our shoulders than we can handle. Our trials are there so that we can call on our Daddy, our caretaker. He wants us too. He wants us to be in His loving arms as your babies were in yours. You were their comforter, He is ours. It makes Him happy to do that for us because our trials takes us too Him. Our rewards are the joys of love He has for us. A new Life! That should mean way more to us than the the trials we endure. That is the gift we receive.

I need to be thankful for these trials that I feel I have been enduring for such a long time. It is getting me to a better place- in His loving arms as his child feeling safe and secure.