What helps you focus?

Options
imwithgizmo
imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
Geez, I can hardly write this post because I keep getting distracted! I would love to know what helps you focus, so you can complete tasks, remember what you just read, or what the person talking to you just said! I struggle with this constantly. I have notes everywhere, and they always get lost.

One thing that helps me is taking notes. But really, I can't take notes while doing most things, when I'm not at work.

Replies

• ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I'm an app junkie (Cozi, MFP, Facebook, EasyMoney, etc). My cellphone gets most of my attention (mostly because I have to use the alarm feature for reminders constantly) otherwise I'd forget 1/2 of what I have to do for the day.

Also, I'd probably forget to get my kids from school...LOL
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I like task lists, and use a day runner, as well as taking some fish oil and ginko every day to help sort things out on a more chemcial level.

The less I sit behind the computer and the more I go out (IE: Workouts or movement in general), the more focused I tend to be.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I use post its all the time, there's a bundle in my purse, on my desk, next to my bed . . .

Another trick when i have to get something done on time is I think of the worst thing that may happen if I dont finish it on time
    Everytime I get distracted I go back to that worst case scenario . . .

Sometimes I try to imagine I'm a emotionles-boredomless:ohwell: zombie or a robot (I know it sound weird) and then I have been commanded to finish my work by time xyz - - -trust me it helps a lot

To remember what people say I sometimes repeat what they have just said with exclamation . . .or concentrate on something extremely funny or weird about them so I dont look distracted when they speak

Whew its hard work when you come to think of it!!!