SO VERY HAPPY

Options
jerbear1962
jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
For some reason tonight when I walked into the house Shadow was EXTREMELY happy to see me. He's always happy but today it was so much more than usual. He gets so excited and does this run and duck, thing. Then he grabs one of his toys for playtime. Always a fun time, as he runs everywhere. Right now the temp has dropped from the 70's to the mid 30's over the past two days and he's wanting to get outside.

Replies

• spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Makes you wonder what he got up to when you were out?!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    as the temp drops parker gets happier and happier and more playful. it's so nice to see him wanting to roughhouse with jazzy again. he was really showing his age all summer long and now you'd never know he was 11 years old. last night though jazzy pulled him down the back stairs by his rope (they each have 100 foot ropes - no fence) and he cut himself on the way down the stairs. poor baby. she does this all the time to him when she wants to continue playing she drags him around by his rope. i had to scold her reminding her she needs to be careful when he's on the stairs.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Nothing better than to see your dog so happy! It always makes me smile and reminds me to enjoy the little things in life
  • spangey13
    Options
    So very very crazy!!

This morning I took our dog for an 8 km run. 5km of that is uphill. This is our daily routine and absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

When we got home Significant Other was already up and about - so perhaps seeing him vertical rather than horizontal made her crazy happy. She did laps and laps around our lounge, past the TV, past the french doors, up onto the couch, along the couch, past us and back past the TV, and around and around and around while we stood there wtih confusion.

This usually is the sort of thing she does when we have been out for a few hours, maybe at a movie or something and have left her at home.

Anyone else's husky have crazy episodes like this?
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yeah every once in a while Shadow will take off and run back and forth through the house then run to my feet and sit and look at me...not sure what went through his mind.