auntdeedee87
auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
Here goes...

Replies

• auntdeedee87
    Options
    There's this guy...

OH don't groan and roll your eyes, I'm not even done yet.

We will call him Chandler. We've been friends for about 5 years. I liked him back then, but started dating someone else... which turned into a 2-year relationship. We broke up, and he was in a relationship for a little over year. They broke up, and I was with my most recent ex. Well, we broke up in May.

We are both single at the same time. We talk nearly every night and I've made it pretty clear that I dig him. Sometimes he says stuff that tells me he's into me-- but nothing concrete, and he is the king of mixed signals.

In the course of our friendship, he moved... about 6 hours away.

I mentioned to him that I'd like to visit in December and he said that would be cool, even offered to let me crash at his place. I'm super nervous--

Do I tell him now that I am into him and can't stop thinking about him? Or do I wait until we are face to face and see how things go?

OH RIGHT-- one last thing. We've never actually met. This will be our first time seeing each other in the flesh.

Help.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Here is my dig on this,

I would wait and see how things go in person. Things could be so much more different in person than phone and online. Sometimes as women our biggest problem is over thinking everything. So for now, wait it out and go visit in December and see how things roll out.

Breathe in, breathe out... and keep stepping forward.

HUGS I know how stressful thinking about all this can be!!!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Ok, I would just keep quite on the "feelings" until you hang out in person. I am a computer geek and I have meet a few folks online and my ex wife was one of them. We were together for years and married for 6 but that is not my point. I have had a few long distance relationships as well and this is what I can tell you from my experience. People are different in person than they are on the phone and on the internet. I suggest keep up the talking on the phone, maybe some sexy skypes :) (yeah, i said it) but before you start sharing feeling go visit hang out for a few days. You can tell him that you are looking forward to hanging out to see if he is as COOL in person as he seems online and on the phone.

My 2 Cents
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    He can suck it.

No need for advice anymore.