I have my Halloween Pic as my dating profile

Options
Jarnard
Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
I have my Halloween Pic as my dating profile picture. Good or Bad idea? It's also my main photo on MFP.

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Guy perspective here. I am on the fence. I think it can be good and bad. Curious girls would wonder what you look like under that costume and would want to check out your profile further. Then some might be turned off by it and not bother to check out your profile.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Bad idea, you have no idea what you look like.
    If its not the main picture fine..it shows a fun side ect. But I would completely ignore a guy who doesn't have a picture of his face hopefully smiling as the main picture on his dating profile.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha. I think it's awesome. But I don't have to date to man so don't listen to me lol.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Bad idea, you have no idea what you look like.
    If its not the main picture fine..it shows a fun side ect. But I would completely ignore a guy who doesn't have a picture of his face hopefully smiling as the main picture on his dating profile.
    I'd agree with this.
    Funny pic btw :laugh:

I know on POF you can get reported for not putting your face as your main pic...
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I think as long s you have other pics it would be fine...might make people look twice but they would definitely want to see other pics that show your face.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Adorable pic, but it shouldn't be your main profile pic on a dating site. Put it up as your secondary picture :) Use your cute real face as the main one! :wink:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Adorable pic, but it shouldn't be your main profile pic on a dating site. Put it up as your secondary picture :) Use your cute real face as the main one! :wink:

^^^this!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    OMG, I :heart: your costume!! But yeah, make it a secondary pic, not the main one.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    OMG, I :heart: your costume!! But yeah, make it a secondary pic, not the main one.

Yup, that's a good side pic, not a main pic.
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you're on a site like POF, I wouldn't click on your profile. There has to be something you are attracted to that makes me want to check you out more. With that pic, I'd blow right past you.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    What they all said. :)
  • Jarnard
    Options
    Thank you all for responding! I've had the picture up as my main photo for the past two days. I've been actively on OKC over the weekend and no responses.. I will make it a secondary photo. LOL.

J
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding! I've had the picture up as my main photo for the past two days. I've been actively on OKC over the weekend and no responses.. I will make it a secondary photo. LOL.

J

Ask yourself this, would you be turned on if you were looking at profiles and you saw a girl who has a picture of herself wearing an enormous Elmo (at least I think that's what it is) head piece? If the answer is yes, then leave it in. If the answer is no, then ditch the picture.
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options

J

Active on OKC over the weekend on a cracked phone, in between getting crunk and running a half marathon? You're good!
  • Jarnard
    Options

Active on OKC over the weekend on a cracked phone, in between getting crunk and running a half marathon? You're good!

Hahahaha.. that is pretty impressive!!! I must admit. ;)
    Ask yourself this, would you be turned on if you were looking at profiles and you saw a girl who has a picture of herself wearing an enormous Elmo (at least I think that's what it is) head piece? If the answer is yes, then leave it in. If the answer is no, then ditch the picture.

Mike... good thought.. I would actually think it was cool to see a girl in her costume. I would even click on her profile and view other pictures if her costume was her main photo.
  • Jarnard
    Options

Hahahaha.. that is pretty impressive!!! I must admit. ;)

Mike... good thought.. I would actually think it was cool to see a girl in her costume. I would even click on her profile and view other pictures if her costume was her main photo.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

You have your answer, the picture stays. I'd even experiment and use it as your main photo for a month or so.