HRM

Options
exermom
exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
The other day my HRM died (boo hoo) so currently I'm in the market for a new one.

One requirement that it MUST have is the ability to have it be owner changeable battery (both the transmitter and the watch). I would like a stopwatch feature...but right now I have (had) the Polar FT7 and it just has a "duration" setting, but I can manage with that (I like to time my stretching). Since I wear glasses and most of the time when I'm exercising I take them off (I hate it when the sweat drips down my face), so I need a big display.

So, which one do you have, what do you like/dislike about it?

Michele

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60. I had it for 3 years now. I have changed the battery once so far. You may be interested in this one.
  • 4thoseiluv
    4thoseiluv Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey, it worked! :laugh: :drinker:

I just checked and I have a Sportline one ~ the one you had seemed a lot more sophisticated, so I'll be of no help to you in suggesting a new one. I am going to keep my eye on this topic though, to see about upgrading mine...

Deborah:flowerforyou:
  • exermom
    Options
    It's like $130. I'd like to keep the price to below $100 if possible. Thanks for the comment

Michele
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have the Motoactv by Motorolla, here is a link on Amazon, its a little pricey but its the most accurate, user friendly HRM I have ever used, I absolutely love it, no battery its charged by USB I also had a Polar FT4 which is way cheaper and very good too

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=motoactv&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=13495809955&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=651955&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18872134741098578219&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_ebslx9gk4_e
  • exermom
    Options
    Consumer Reports did a study of HRM's. They recommended the Timex Personal Trainer, it was actually the highest rated one. After reading the reviews, on the whole it got pretty good reviews. I think I'll give that one a try.

From experience with my Polar, their customer service is virtually non-existent.

It seems that one of the biggest complaints about the Timex is a clasp on the chest strap. But seeings how I use it very infrequently, I'm hoping that won't be a problem for me. Really, I'm not looking for a lot of bells and whistles, and this one doesn't seem to have them. What I need to know is my heart rate to be sure that I'm not going very high when spinning. I could easily go way over my limit. The Polar didn't have a stopwatch but I was able to work around that with their "duration" feature.

The Timex doesn't look too pricey, so I don't think I'll lose much.

Thanks for all the input.

Michele
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My husband has used the FT7 for over a year and loves it, I just started using a FT4, which has all the same features, and am really liking it also. It has a 'fat burn zone' feature that chirps if you fall below or go above it. It tells you your average and max HR, how many calories you burned, (WAY more accurate than MFP), you can pause a workout and resume it when you are ready, and it keeps all the data from all your workouts so you can compare them to see progress.

We both got ours on Ebay for about half the price that they are in the stores.