20 in 2

Options

Replies

• nursetee314
    Options
    Ok everybody I'm in! This is just the kickstart my weight loss journey needs!
  • WynterSkeyes
    WynterSkeyes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    can you share some of what you are or are NOT eating. My friend suggested low/no carb and has seen the pounds melt off! While I'm eating healthier, my intake is still high in carbs. any help would be greatly appreciated!
    **Trying to fit into sassy dresses for Vegas!!!

On my blog www.openlyangel.blogspot.com I have the meals I ate when I did my month long weight loss challenge earlier this month. I also mention the exercise I do/did. I ate carbs I just watched my portions. I cut out sweets and drinks and that made a big difference. When I started to incorporate my sweets they were sweets that were less calories than I normally would have. Like 90 calories brownies or something. I found that Sugar Snaps Peas are a delicious healthy snack. And we will get you in the sassy dress for Vegas.
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options
    I actually bought a Portion helper. I put it on my plate and fill it accordingly and it gives me the proper portions

Where can I find a portion helper. And all foods are different so how does one tool help with all foods.
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options
    Yes! Just what I needed, accountability. I am really going to have to monitor my intake because I have slacked off a bit (not good during this time of the year either)!

CW: 161

We are definitely here for support. Yes monitoring your intake is most definitely key. I hate to weight my food but how would I know how much I am eating if I dont. I look at some foods and think yeah thats the right portion.....wrong because as soon as I weigh or measure that portion that I thought was right, I would be way off. This site is a very good tool to use but you have to use it.
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options
    Yes! Just what I needed, accountability. I am really going to have to monitor my intake because I have slacked off a bit (not good during this time of the year either)!

CW: 161

But you have lost 73lbs so you must be doing something right.
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options
    To start the change today, I am eliminating my Pepsi intake....ITS SO HARD! I think this is a good way to start. I also packed my lunch instead of running out for fast food.

What is everyone else doing to make a change this week???

I was also a Pepsi fanatic! I was drinking 6 to 8 cans of Pepsi a day! :drinker: There were even times when I would substitute a couple of cans of Pepsi for a meal! Yeah, I had it bad! Nonetheless, I gave it up! Just stopped cold-turkey! I may have one from time to time, but it takes so long for me to finish it that after awhile, I no longer want to continue drinking it

Anyway, the one thing I'll work on eliminating is my large food portions! I have no problem eating healthy, but my portions are usually double in size! I tell myself that because it's a salad, that makes it okay, but if the salad is enough to serve 3 people, it defeats the purpose!

Hold up I thought I was bad with 2-3 sodas but 6-8 cans a day WOW. But dont stop with the Pepsi all together, I work for them. LOL Just Playing. But I am very happy you stopped cold turkey. That is a challenge and cause for celebration all by itself. CONGRATS
  • TrayHart
    Options
    I'm in !!! gooooo team 20 in 2 !!!!
  • TrayHart
    Options
    I am going to give up eating my snack in the middle of the night when i wake up to pay mother nature a visit. and replace it with a glass of h20 o wait,. did i say give up? i meant try really hard :-|
  • Sarah_jb
    Sarah_jb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    YAY! it's great to see that there's a group for my exact goal--I've gotta slim down before my trip to Hong Kong in December. Between all the pictures we'll be taking there and seeing my family again at Christmas, I really need to get a move on with my weight loss
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options
    I am going to give up eating my snack in the middle of the night when i wake up to pay mother nature a visit. and replace it with a glass of h20 o wait,. did i say give up? i meant try really hard :-|

Laughing so hard right now. But you can do it. If you have to have something try fruit or veggies. I have fallen in love with sugar snap peas. Very tasty to me any way
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options
    YAY! it's great to see that there's a group for my exact goal--I've gotta slim down before my trip to Hong Kong in December. Between all the pictures we'll be taking there and seeing my family again at Christmas, I really need to get a move on with my weight loss

Glad we can be here for you. It will be a great thing for your family to see you extra sexy and extra healthy. What a Christmas present for them and especially for you. Enjoy your trip in a sexy way. LOL
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Are we having a set weigh in day, or do we just post our loss when we usually weigh in?

• Kray827
    Kray827 Posts: 10
    Options
    Are we having a set weigh in day, or do we just post our loss when we usually weigh in?

Good question! I think that is a great idea! When should our set weigh in day be???
  • Kray827
    Options
    To start the change today, I am eliminating my Pepsi intake....ITS SO HARD! I think this is a good way to start. I also packed my lunch instead of running out for fast food.

I was also a Pepsi fanatic! I was drinking 6 to 8 cans of Pepsi a day! :drinker: There were even times when I would substitute a couple of cans of Pepsi for a meal! Yeah, I had it bad! Nonetheless, I gave it up! Just stopped cold-turkey! I may have one from time to time, but it takes so long for me to finish it that after awhile, I no longer want to continue drinking it

Anyway, the one thing I'll work on eliminating is my large food portions! I have no problem eating healthy, but my portions are usually double in size! I tell myself that because it's a salad, that makes it okay, but if the salad is enough to serve 3 people, it defeats the purpose!

Hold up I thought I was bad with 2-3 sodas but 6-8 cans a day WOW. But dont stop with the Pepsi all together, I work for them. LOL Just Playing. But I am very happy you stopped cold turkey. That is a challenge and cause for celebration all by itself. CONGRATS

I don't want to give up cold turkey b/c I know myself very well....I'll start binge Pepsi drinking. I was up to 2-3 a day but now I'm trying to do 2 a week as a treat for making it through the week. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!
  • Kray827
    Options
    Thanks everyone for joining in. You will be very happy you did. Lets do this. 20lbs in 2 months isnt that hard. A normal weight lost pace is 2lbs a week. We have 9 weeks and 2lbs a week is 18lb, the extra 2lbs will just be for fun. LOL. But seriously we can do it. We have to be motivated if nothing else. We are here for a reason, and most likely that reason is because we are tired of the way we are. We cant keep making excuses for why we are not healthy. We have to take control of our own situations and lives.

To the ladies who are battling with sodas believe me I know where you are coming from. I went from 2-3 sodas a day to maybe 1 Diet Dr Pepper a week. It wasnt that hard for me actually though and I thought I could never live without a soda. Cutting out sodas and sweets will help you drop pounds instantly. Its Oct 29 and I have lost 30lbs since Sept, 4. I went from 238 on Sept 4 to 208 now. You can see my pics on my blog www.openlyangel.blogspot.com or my fb page www.facebook.com/OpenlyAngel. It can be done you just have to be willing. We definitely have to keep each other encouraged. Please exercise. You don't have to workout for 2 hours a day. 20-30 mins a day is better than nothing at all. You can do that while watching a tv show. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!

If anyone start to feel like they need a little more encouragement reach out to me or any other member of this group. I'm excited and very pumped. Let's get healthy.

30lbs in less than 2 months!!! you go girl! what an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • Kray827
    Options
    "The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet the steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." Grame Fife
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options

I don't want to give up cold turkey b/c I know myself very well....I'll start binge Pepsi drinking. I was up to 2-3 a day but now I'm trying to do 2 a week as a treat for making it through the week. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Giving anything up cold turkey is really hard. The best thing to do in my opinion is to come off slowly unless you have the well power to just go cold turkey. If you deprive yourself totally of the things you want you will eventually get that one thing and go overboard. So yes just cut down and at some point you probably wont even want it twice a week, but if you do its still not that bad.
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options

Good question! I think that is a great idea! When should our set weigh in day be???

Since we started on a Monday, Mondays would be a good a day to weigh in( week by week). Thats how I do mine anyway. And if we end on Christmas Eve then that will also be a Monday so that works out very well.
  • WynterSkeyes
    Options
    Hello everyone, how is it going so far? Is it more challenging than you thought? Is it easier than you thought? What are some foods you have been eating and what exercises have you been doing?

As for me I do The Firm workout but its setup for 3 days every other day. So on the off days like today I walk/jog using the Wii Fit. I turn on a tv show and walk while the program is on and jog while its on commercials. I do ab and arm exercises and squats everyday. I found that sugar snap peas and carrots are a good snack for me and when I really want something sweet I eat the fiber one brownies (90 Calories) pretty good, 100 Calorie Pop corn (Pop Secret) and fruits. Oh and Edy's has real fruit ice cream bars sooooo good and only 40 and 45 calories. Another food I food was 45 Calorie whole wheat bread by Sara Lee. The bread is thin (which is probably why its 45 calories) but it good and thin just may be a good thing also.

That's all I have for today. Continue to stay encouraged and push, push, push. We can do this.
  • Kray827
    Options
    I've been eating apples. Which satisfy my sweet and tangy tastes.