Cabin Fever...NEVER!! RAAAAH! 10/29

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey, I got to thinking about all the 'weather' issues I have been thru in past several years. I remember the blizzard DC had I think 4 years ago now! Whew now that was a dooosy! But since you could not go anywhere you had to make a choice:
Be lazy or workout on your own in the house.

So for you gym rats...do you have a plan on how to workout at home? YOU can do a lot of body weight exercises that will humble you!

Those who exercise at home...you been couped up for a couple days in the house you can't bare to get on that ____ again! What will you do??
http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere-030612/

Planning is good! It keeps us on o0ur toes and it makes us realize...we can make it even if we don't have fancy equipment or gym membership. What will you do???

Peace,
WW

Replies

• AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I always exercise at home. I find I can usually do so much more than at a gym; plus, I don't have to pay for a gym membership. Lunges, weights, situps, fitness ball, jump rope, jumping jacks (which kills my knee), etc. I try to change it up each day.

ETA: I'm praying for anyone in the path of the storms. I hope you all stay safe.
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Working from home today because of the storm! Did some Zumba on my game console :)
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical at home and some workout DVDs! I like watching TV while I'm on my elliptical. I find it has the same effect as they say you get with eating and TV, you just tune in to the show and kinda forget you're running (pedaling?)
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Okay Ms Slav and Court what if the power was out?? What wld you then for exercise?? YOU can't get on game console or the elliptical!
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My elliptical is portable, Haha!!! The meter that counts your strides/time/calories/distance is powered by you. If I stop, the counter loses power after 20 seconds or so. So I can put the pedal to the metal rain or shine, power running or not! :bigsmile:

Or I would just chase the cat around the apartment so we can both get exercise!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity, P90X and Supreme 90 day set up in my garage with a DVD, Yoga mat, TV, etc. I'll just need to bundle up since it's supposed to be getting down to around 30-40 degrees tonight.

BRB, driving by the YMCA to see how long it's open...

...and they're closed. :(
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would switch to a beginner's circuit training that I learned from nerdfitness. Includes a circuit of squats, push ups, lunges, dumbbell rows, planks, and jumping jacks.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Way to rock on guys! I am chuckling Ms Slov! YU are cracking me up! Self powered! Way to Go!